more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 22, 2021, 03:02:50 PM
Final roof truss is on as of today I think!

Correct! I'll look for some pictures otherwise I'll pop down to the river tomorrow. There is a tiny bit more that needs to go on which extends over the stand.

_Putney_

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: _Putney_ on March 22, 2021, 03:23:26 PM

Normally go down & every couple of weeks or so & take a few pics, after watching that latest Buckingham update I'll give it to probably mid April as they reckon not much will happen visually until they start putting the glass on later in the month

SuffolkWhite

Really looking good, can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

_Putney_

Fulham1959

Quote from: _Putney_ on March 23, 2021, 08:42:18 AM

I wonder if they're drilling for oil, while they're at it ?   :005:

sarnian

Looking at the plans and seeing the the pictures with the roof fitted it appears that the area between the roof and the back row of seats will not be glazed.  Just thinking that will there be any protection for fans sitting at the back of the new stand if it's blowing a westerly gale and pouring with rain. Could be really cold on a February night.

_Putney_

Quote from: sarnian on March 23, 2021, 08:44:24 PM
Looking at the plans and seeing the the pictures with the roof fitted it appears that the area between the roof and the back row of seats will not be glazed.  Just thinking that will there be any protection for fans sitting at the back of the new stand if it's blowing a westerly gale and pouring with rain. Could be really cold on a February night.

Yeah, it's interesting. I'm not sure how that's expected to work.  Especially as the Riverside will inevitably be the 'posher' seats you wouldn't expect people to sit through a wet night.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: _Putney_ on March 23, 2021, 08:42:18 AM

Bathtime fun at the Cottage

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: _Putney_ on March 23, 2021, 10:33:21 PM

Yeah, it's interesting. I'm not sure how that's expected to work.  Especially as the Riverside will inevitably be the 'posher' seats you wouldn't expect people to sit through a wet night.
I think they will have to put something up for safety otherwise you might go tumbling over after a few half time pints. Maybe the material is too fragile to transport on the large roof sections and will be afixed now the full roof is in place?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Southdowns White

I
I asked this question before any building started, apparently it will be fully glazed to keep the weather from streaming down on peoples backs, it would be freezing if windy in the winter.

_Putney_

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on March 24, 2021, 01:27:08 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on March 23, 2021, 10:33:21 PM

I think they will have to put something up for safety otherwise you might go tumbling over after a few half time pints. Maybe the material is too fragile to transport on the large roof sections and will be afixed now the full roof is in place?

From what I've seen there is a barrier of some sort, but it doesn't extend to the roof.  If Southdowns White was answered accurately then the full glazing just hasn't shown up on the plans.

Riversider

This has already been raised and well documented on here, the glazing will not cover the full gap between the roof and the seats, according to The F.S.T  and the club the wind won't be an issue,
I will allow Mike Gregg to further explain ,and yes you are all right, it will be absolutely bloody freezing on certain days.

JoeS

With new turnstiles to the Putney end now possible, does the riverside development act as the final nail in the coffin for any 'neutral' end. I know we had to do this due to everyone going through one entrance, but now this isn't the case will there be an 'away only' section I wonder?

Holders

Quote from: Riversider on March 24, 2021, 10:18:13 AM

This has already been raised and well documented on here, the glazing will not cover the full gap between the roof and the seats, according to The F.S.T  and the club the wind won't be an issue,
I will allow Mike Gregg to further explain ,and yes you are all right, it will be absolutely bloody freezing on certain days.

The few times that I went in the Riverside it was freezing cold because it doesn't get the sun. The same will apply to teh new stand. Good luck to those who choose to pay more to sit there!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamfan

make sure you wear a scarf in there!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riversider on March 24, 2021, 10:18:13 AM

Oh Yeah!  Nor the rain coming in sideways!    On another weather note, I used to sit in the JH stand and at certain times of year, a sunny day meant a need to shield eyes to see play.  I guess the likelihood of that is far less now and much of the pitch will be in shadow?  (I hate watching tv games where that's the case - Newcastle's St James Park has that problem)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: JoeS on March 24, 2021, 10:23:40 AM
With new turnstiles to the Putney end now possible, does the riverside development act as the final nail in the coffin for any 'neutral' end. I know we had to do this due to everyone going through one entrance, but now this isn't the case will there be an 'away only' section I wonder?

That's a very good point that I hadn't considered myself or seen elsewhere. This "neutral end" bashing we get from other fans really winds me up. I get so bored of telling them it's not a neutral end, it's a way of not having unsold 4000 seats
Be interesting to see if away fans can get their own dedicated entrances, Maybe moving them over to the Cottage side, not sure if they could have no access for the Riverside at the Cottage entrances though?

_Putney_

I Ronic

It looks a bit like a cruise liner, just missing a funnel.