watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coronavirus Thread / New / Old / Merged

Started by I Ronic, March 01, 2020, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

Where I live at Christmas when the shops shut for 1 day we have so much panic buying that the UN brings in donations from African countries to tide us over. You would be amazed at the sort of things that get snapped up until there is none left, things that normally no one in my town eats. Saying that, I went to Aldi the other night and they had loo roll...so I filled the car with it.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Andy S

It's  a kind of insanity. I have already torn up newspaper into 4 inch squares to put on a nail at the appropriate time situated in the bathroom. I may not use the paper. As it was a copy of the Sun that I tore up. I think the Financial Times might be more appropriate

The Rational Fan

The insanity is we are not doing enough like restriction of airports, churches and stadiums. Milan (unlike Singapore) failed to contain coronavirus and its going to be bad there, London needs to think about a partial lockdown, the NHS is at its absolute limits in March, many many lives will be saved if worst of the outbreak can be delayed until May to August, when the NHS can cope better, people's immunity is higher and people can open windows.

A delay of a few weeks could add a few years to the lives of 000s and 000s of people. The data over the weekend from Milan is scary, it's so terrible they are going to be hit in March and not April as expected 72 hours ago. I predict that Fulham vs Brentford is the last game at Craven Cottage with fans this season, but we probably should do it now.

Mince n Tatties

"One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest"

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 09, 2020, 02:53:22 AM
The insanity is we are not doing enough like restriction of airports, churches and stadiums. Milan (unlike Singapore) failed to contain coronavirus and its going to be bad there, London needs to think about a partial lockdown, the NHS is at its absolute limits in March, many many lives will be saved if worst of the outbreak can be delayed until May to August, when the NHS can cope better, people's immunity is higher and people can open windows.

A delay of a few weeks could add a few years to the lives of 000s and 000s of people. The data over the weekend from Milan is scary, it's so terrible they are going to be hit in March and not April as expected 72 hours ago. I predict that Fulham vs Brentford is the last game at Craven Cottage with fans this season, but we probably should do it now.

Airport restrictions? What, like they did in Italy? That worked well for them, didn't it.
I'd also query whether banning crowds at football stadiums would help, when it generally just transfers people from an open space (the stadium) to an enclosed space (the pub).
And what would a "partial lockdown" of London look like? Would it be like Italy where we take one half of the population and one half of our hospitals, and say you lot will get coronavirus, and the other half will be fine? Even that would have to overlook the fact that (a) massive quarantines like those just implemented in Italy are virtually unenforceable, and (b) that the cases we (and Italy) have are already spread to most parts of the country, making large-scale quarantine pretty pointless anyway.   
I predict the approach in this country will be keep calm and carry on.

Holders

Quote from: Statto on March 09, 2020, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 09, 2020, 02:53:22 AM

Airport restrictions? What, like they did in Italy? That worked well for them, didn't it.
I'd also query whether banning crowds at football stadiums would help, when it generally just transfers people from an open space (the stadium) to an enclosed space (the pub).
And what would a "partial lockdown" of London look like? Would it be like Italy where we take one half of the population and one half of our hospitals, and say you lot will get coronavirus, and the other half will be fine? Even that would have to overlook the fact that (a) massive quarantines like those just implemented in Italy are virtually unenforceable, and (b) that the cases we (and Italy) have are already spread to most parts of the country, making large-scale quarantine pretty pointless anyway.   
I predict the approach in this country will be keep calm and carry on.

I predict in two weeks' time we'll be where Italy is now with medical staff and services heavily overstretched. I hope I'm wrong.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

john dempsey

all this trouble because some Chinese person
ordered a BAT and PANGOLIN BAGUETTE for lunch.
in future just stick too good old fashioned cheese and onion.

Andy S

we're moving into uncharted territory nothing will stop that now short of going home tonight and staying in for 3 weeks alone. That's not possible. So let's not bother it's party time get out the booze and party
Please note the above comments are a joke

john dempsey

I have some toilet rolls for sale,
only used once.

Riversider

The club have postponed today's meeting between themselves and the F.S.T because of the Corona virus,
And yet Friday's game with Brentford goes ahead in front of 18,000 people, I'm not sure which is the right or wrong decision but it does smack of double standards,
I will be amazed if the play off semi finals and final take place in front of supporters,  that's if they take place at all, these are uncharted waters the likes of which none of us have ever experienced before,
Let's hope a scientist soon comes up with a vaccine,  if they don't...............

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2020, 02:57:59 PM
The club have postponed today's meeting between themselves and the F.S.T because of the Corona virus,
And yet Friday's game with Brentford goes ahead in front of 18,000 people, I'm not sure which is the right or wrong decision but it does smack of double standards,
I will be amazed if the play off semi finals and final take place in front of supporters,  that's if they take place at all, these are uncharted waters the likes of which none of us have ever experienced before,
Let's hope a scientist soon comes up with a vaccine,  if they don't...............

Sadly, this is no great shock. The club view the FST as nothing but a minor inconvenience, where they need to occasionally turn up, go through some stock answers, giving ultimately nothing away and purely going through the motions to appear 'close to fans'.

It's sad, I love the FST and the idea of it, but it's made very clear (to everyone but those who don't wish to see) that the club have very little respect for the FST.

love4ffc

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 09, 2020, 03:16:15 PM

Sadly, this is no great shock. The club view the FST as nothing but a minor inconvenience, where they need to occasionally turn up, go through some stock answers, giving ultimately nothing away and purely going through the motions to appear 'close to fans'.

It's sad, I love the FST and the idea of it, but it's made very clear (to everyone but those who don't wish to see) that the club have very little respect for the FST.

If that is the case, then I interpret that as "no respect for the fans". 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: love4ffc on March 09, 2020, 03:38:20 PM

Does any club? Really, behind token gestures and social media cosying? Not really.

See also; our scandalous pricing last season (and the fallout from that) and loads of other evidence that you can find easily enough. The game has changed, match day income and so on is such a minor part of the clubs finances that their priorities are elsewhere.

Sad but true.

Logicalman

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 09, 2020, 04:05:57 PM

Does any club? Really, behind token gestures and social media cosying? Not really.

See also; our scandalous pricing last season (and the fallout from that) and loads of other evidence that you can find easily enough. The game has changed, match day income and so on is such a minor part of the clubs finances that their priorities are elsewhere.

Sad but true.

I agree with what you say, though the smaller clubs still do depend on their fanbase for merchandise sales more than ticket sales each season.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Logicalman on March 09, 2020, 04:13:33 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 09, 2020, 04:05:57 PM

Sad but true.

I agree with what you say, though the smaller clubs still do depend on their fanbase for merchandise sales more than ticket sales each season.

To some extent, yeah, but even then - some would view merchandise and the constant changing of shirts, etc, etc, as a form of fan exploitation.

Anyway, I think it's all getting a bit deep. I didn't mean that we are bad, the opposite, we sill retain a small 'family vibe' in some ways and so on. But I really don't think the club at any level view the FST meetings as anything other than a necessary evil. I don't think Ali Mack pops it in his diary with anything other than a roll of the eyes (and his stock, give nothing away, marketing answers back that up).

And, to be fair, that is probably how it should be. Why should they give anything away, beyond what they would to the general public, in this meetings? In theory, it's a great idea but in reality, it's a box ticking marketing exercise for the club.

Montague

If this meeting was to take place at Motspur Park then is doesn't have anything to do with respect for fans
MP is on restricted access as a precaution against Coronavirus entering or spreading through the training facility - Out of bounds to non essential staff (all visitors) unless absolutely necessary.
Won't get past reception otherwise.

MJG

Quote from: Montague on March 09, 2020, 04:25:06 PM

If this meeting was to take place at Motspur Park then is doesn't have anything to do with respect for fans
MP is on restricted access as a precaution against Coronavirus entering or spreading through the training facility - Out of bounds to non essential staff (all visitors) unless absolutely necessary.
This is right, so dont read anything into apart from club taking precautions.
Just the views of a long term fan

Tabby

Serie A now suspended completely.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Tabby on March 09, 2020, 10:38:42 PM
Serie A now suspended completely.

The Championship will be doing the same soon, the only solution is the one used in Wuhan. In time, the olympics will be cancelled too.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on March 09, 2020, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: Montague on March 09, 2020, 04:25:06 PM

This is right, so dont read anything into apart from club taking precautions.
Thanks Mike.  Makes sense.  Don't want a virus ripping through the training ground. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?