Main Menu

Coronavirus Thread / New / Old / Merged

Started by I Ronic, March 01, 2020, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 09, 2020, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: Tabby on March 09, 2020, 10:38:42 PM
Serie A now suspended completely.

The Championship will be doing the same soon, the only solution is the one used in Wuhan. In time, the olympics will be cancelled too.
Eventually it will be the reason for a delay in Brexit negotiations.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 10, 2020, 12:13:37 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 09, 2020, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: Tabby on March 09, 2020, 10:38:42 PM
Serie A now suspended completely.

The Championship will be doing the same soon, the only solution is the one used in Wuhan. In time, the olympics will be cancelled too.
Eventually it will be the reason for a delay in Brexit negotiations.

It could speed up the Brexit Exit. The UK has the most testing outside South Korea and Italy, so now can control our borders.

F(f)CUK

Other side effects are likely to include a spike in pregnancies and divorces as people are forced to stay home more..

I Ronic

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 10, 2020, 05:40:07 AM
Other side effects are likely to include a spike in pregnancies and divorces as people are forced to stay home more..

Look on the brightside after this is all over they'll be a lot of singles hitting the pubs and bars in search of romance. Might just save a few pubs in the process.

Southcoastffc

The decision to delay closing schools and introduce other strict measures to combat coronavirus has been defended by England's deputy chief medical officer.

Dr Jenny Harries said experts are assessing new cases on an hourly basis to achieve a "balanced response".

She told BBC Breakfast new measures could follow as UK cases begin to rise rapidly over the next two weeks.

In the UK, five people with the virus have died. There were 319 confirmed cases as of 09:00 GMT on Monday.

Dr Harries said the vast majority of those diagnosed with coronavirus in Britain are "pretty well" but that they may "feel a bit rough for a few days".

She added: "Within 10-14 days we will be likely to advise people with symptoms to self-isolate and we are expecting that start of the peak [of coronavirus cases] to come during that period."

Dr Harries said cancelling big outdoor events like football matches would not necessarily be a decision supported by science.

"The virus will not survive very long outside," she said. "Many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe."   

Moral: Stay panic, don't calm. :022:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 10, 2020, 10:46:04 AM
The decision to delay closing schools and introduce other strict measures to combat coronavirus has been defended by England's deputy chief medical officer.

Dr Jenny Harries said experts are assessing new cases on an hourly basis to achieve a "balanced response".

She told BBC Breakfast new measures could follow as UK cases begin to rise rapidly over the next two weeks.

In the UK, five people with the virus have died. There were 319 confirmed cases as of 09:00 GMT on Monday.

Dr Harries said the vast majority of those diagnosed with coronavirus in Britain are "pretty well" but that they may "feel a bit rough for a few days".

She added: "Within 10-14 days we will be likely to advise people with symptoms to self-isolate and we are expecting that start of the peak [of coronavirus cases] to come during that period."

Dr Harries said cancelling big outdoor events like football matches would not necessarily be a decision supported by science.

"The virus will not survive very long outside," she said. "Many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe."   

all this doesn't really help, as other professors claim that the virus struggles in warm dry places as moisture helps it thrive
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

The 5 deaths here have been old people with serious health issues already.
Have a double brandy before bed and you'll be fine🍷

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on March 10, 2020, 10:57:23 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 10, 2020, 10:46:04 AM

all this doesn't really help, as other professors claim that the virus struggles in warm dry places as moisture helps it thrive
Check the weather on Friday afternoon. If it's clear and mild you should be OK. If it's raining, stay at home. If anyone approaches your home, spray sanitiser at them through the letterbox before opening the door.

Jurassic Parker

The owner of Forest has announced he has contracted the coronavirus. He was at the Millwall game, the FA will be seeing that as red alert and it will firmly be used as proof that football stadiums are a risk. Who knows if he had symptims and was spreadable during the time of that game?

LittleErn

I apologise if anyone has already made the following point -  have neither the time nor inclination to read through 9 pages of comments- but, if games are to be played  behind closed doors, perhaps the broadcasting regulations should be eased to allow clubs to sell TV games to their own supporters even if they are on some other platform (Sky or BT etc.).  That would at least give the clubs some revenue to offset the loss of gate receipts.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on March 10, 2020, 11:51:33 AM
The owner of Forest has announced he has contracted the coronavirus. He was at the Millwall game, the FA will be seeing that as red alert and it will firmly be used as proof that football stadiums are a risk. Who knows if he had symptims and was spreadable during the time of that game?

How does he know he caught it at the Millwall game. Could have been at the Golf Club
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Riverside

Matches in Spain's top two divisions will be played behind closed doors for at least the next two weeks because of coronavirus concerns.

The change will take effect from Tuesday, with fans now banned from the game between Eibar and Real Sociedad.

La Liga acted on guidance from Spain's ministry of health and the country's sports council.

Barcelona's Champions League match against Napoli on 18 March will also be played at an empty Nou Camp.

"The decision has been made strictly for health reasons," said Joan Guix, Catalunya government's health chief.

It is the second Spanish-Italian Champions League fixture at which supporters have been banned, following Valencia versus Atalanta on Tuesday.

Sevilla's match against Roma and Getafe's game with Inter Milan in the Europa League have suffered the same fate.

Paris St-Germain's Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday will also be closed to fans.

All sport in Italy has been suspended until at least 3 April because of coronavirus. The ruling includes Serie A matches but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions.

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 10, 2020, 12:33:59 PM

How does he know he caught it at the Millwall game. Could have been at the Golf Club

No no, thats not the point. The point is whether or not he had it during that time. Think of all the hands he shook, he wouldve visited the dressing room, he took pictures with fans.

He also is the owner of Olympiakos whom he spends alot of time with and theyre due to play Wolves.

The point is how much potential there is from one man to spread the virus and how will the FA respond.

fulhamben

it never mentioned where he got it, just where he had been
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on March 10, 2020, 12:36:41 PM

Millwall Forest was only 4 days ago and the virus takes 10-14 to come out so it was probably the week before that he contracted it

No no, thats not the point. The point is whether or not he had it during that time. Think of all the hands he shook, he wouldve visited the dressing room, he took pictures with fans.

He also is the owner of Olympiakos whom he spends alot of time with and theyre due to play Wolves.

The point is how much potential there is from one man to spread the virus and how will the FA respond.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

All it proves is that someone at a football match had coronavirus. Which was statistically likely given about 1 in every 200,000 people in the UK are already known to have it, many more are presumed to have it, and about 500,000 people go to football every weekend. Doesn't prove much else.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Statto on March 10, 2020, 01:08:49 PM

All it proves is that someone at a football match had coronavirus. Which was statistically likely given about 1 in every 200,000 people in the UK are already known to have it, many more are presumed to have it, and about 500,000 people go to football every weekend. Doesn't prove much else.

He accessed the changing rooms and was with the players. Which means if one of the players tests positive, the next can of worms has been opened.

Riversider

Does anybody on here have the confidence to believe that the club have been in contact with the E.F.L , and started a conversation along the lines of " What would happen in the event of........."
So many various strands from there, things aren't due to take off with corona virus until April with the peak expected between May and June, there is next to no chance that the play offs are going to take place in front of supporters,  that's if they take place at all, and that assumes that no players from the competing clubs goes down with it,

To all the people saying "it's only flu" , I say very naive and very uneducated.

fulhamfan

Will Leeds v Fulham be played behind closed doors? Ive spent money on a hotel for the night was gonna make a little holiday out of it

Bill2

Quote from: bobbo on March 01, 2020, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Andy S on March 01, 2020, 03:29:41 PM
I think that the papers have got nothing much to write about so let's panic. Masks that don't work are selling out. If you are fit you will recover. If you're not you probably didn't have long left anyway. I'm 67 and I'm not worried. If I get it I'll give it my best shot.
great reply . The media don't know where their next feeding frenzy will be. brexit, Harry and Megan,the poor love island girl . They rarely latch on to good news and keep shovelling it out to us.

Not denying it's serious but it's being rammed down our throats many times during news bulletins.
Always said that bad news is good news which is why you rarely see anything to cheer about on the front page.