more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coronavirus Thread / New / Old / Merged

Started by I Ronic, March 01, 2020, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: fulhamross on March 10, 2020, 03:04:28 PM
Will Leeds v Fulham be played behind closed doors? Ive spent money on a hotel for the night was gonna make a little holiday out of it
Am going to buy my ticket today, but due to potential cancellation have decided to go on Club coach.

Holders

Quote from: Bill2 on March 10, 2020, 03:07:02 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 01, 2020, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Andy S on March 01, 2020, 03:29:41 PM
I think that the papers have got nothing much to write about so let's panic. Masks that don't work are selling out. If you are fit you will recover. If you're not you probably didn't have long left anyway. I'm 67 and I'm not worried. If I get it I'll give it my best shot.
great reply . The media don't know where their next feeding frenzy will be. brexit, Harry and Megan,the poor love island girl . They rarely latch on to good news and keep shovelling it out to us.

Not denying it's serious but it's being rammed down our throats many times during news bulletins.
Always said that bad news is good news which is why you rarely see anything to cheer about on the front page.

Anyone thinking it's just the newspapers need look no further than the reports from Italian doctors which are seriously worrying. We must hope that it doesn't get as bad here.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Cornishnick

Quote from: Bill2 on March 10, 2020, 03:08:15 PM
Will Leeds v Fulham be played behind closed doors? Ive spent money on a hotel for the night was gonna make a little holiday out of it
Am going to buy my ticket today, but due to potential cancellation have decided to go on Club coach.
You're going on holiday to Leeds !!

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on March 10, 2020, 02:24:52 PM
Does anybody on here have the confidence to believe that the club have been in contact with the E.F.L , and started a conversation along the lines of " What would happen in the event of........."
So many various strands from there, things aren't due to take off with corona virus until April with the peak expected between May and June, there is next to no chance that the play offs are going to take place in front of supporters,  that's if they take place at all, and that assumes that no players from the competing clubs goes down with it,

To all the people saying "it's only flu" , I say very naive and very uneducated.
Why do you try to dig the club out time after time. It's a changing situation and the EFL are going to be communicating with ALL clubs. I'm sure they ALL have the same questions. This is not something just affecting us.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on March 10, 2020, 04:20:58 PM
Does anybody on here have the confidence to believe that the club have been in contact with the E.F.L , and started a conversation along the lines of " What would happen in the event of........."
So many various strands from there, things aren't due to take off with corona virus until April with the peak expected between May and June, there is next to no chance that the play offs are going to take place in front of supporters,  that's if they take place at all, and that assumes that no players from the competing clubs goes down with it,

To all the people saying "it's only flu" , I say very naive and very uneducated.
Why do you try to dig the club out time after time. It's a changing situation and the EFL are going to be communicating with ALL clubs. I'm sure they ALL have the same questions. This is not something just affecting us.

**** off !
Every time I post you immediately assume there is an ulterior motive, my point is a valid one, have we established contact with The E.F.L  to establish what would happen in the event of the season not running it's true course,
Now calm yourself down, get your head together and explain to me how that is digging the club out ?
If I want to give examples of digging the club, the team and the manager out I'll just retweet some of your tweets.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riversider on March 10, 2020, 04:33:50 PM

**** off !
Every time I post you immediately assume there is an ulterior motive, my point is a valid one, have we established contact with The E.F.L  to establish what would happen in the event of the season not running it's true course,
Now calm yourself down, get your head together and explain to me how that is digging the club out ?
If I want to give examples of digging the club, the team and the manager out I'll just retweet some of your tweets.
I find it VERY hard to believe that there is not frequent communication between EFL and all clubs on this topic.  A few days ago, this was published.

EFL Statement: Coronavirus update
6 March 2020
As a result of the ongoing concerns posed the by Coronavirus outbreak and following specific medical advice, the Fair Play handshake between players and match officials will not take place at this weekend's EFL matches and until further notice.

Whilst the Government guidance does remain unchanged, a decision has been taken on medical advice and as a precautionary measure. 

Matchday operations at EFL grounds are set to continue this weekend with Clubs being advised to take appropriate prevention measures as per the Government guidance.

It is understood, however, that individual Clubs may take decisions at a local level to help mitigate the risk of the virus spreading further ahead of this weekend's matches.

The EFL continues to remain in regular dialogue with the Government regarding the ongoing developments and is being appraised on a regular basis of developments that could potentially impact our Clubs and Competitions

We will continue to provide EFL Clubs with updates and advice as it is issued to ensure that they have all the relevant up-to date information so that they can continue to advise their players, staff and supporters.

These matters are subject to constant change and we will update as appropriate.

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamfan

Quote from: Cornishnick on March 10, 2020, 04:10:40 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on March 10, 2020, 03:08:15 PM
You're going on holiday to Leeds !!
yep

MJG

**** off !
charming
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 10, 2020, 05:08:00 PM

**** off !
I find it VERY hard to believe that there is not frequent communication between EFL and all clubs on this topic.  A few days ago, this was published.

EFL Statement: Coronavirus update
6 March 2020
As a result of the ongoing concerns posed the by Coronavirus outbreak and following specific medical advice, the Fair Play handshake between players and match officials will not take place at this weekend's EFL matches and until further notice.

Whilst the Government guidance does remain unchanged, a decision has been taken on medical advice and as a precautionary measure. 

Matchday operations at EFL grounds are set to continue this weekend with Clubs being advised to take appropriate prevention measures as per the Government guidance.

It is understood, however, that individual Clubs may take decisions at a local level to help mitigate the risk of the virus spreading further ahead of this weekend's matches.

The EFL continues to remain in regular dialogue with the Government regarding the ongoing developments and is being appraised on a regular basis of developments that could potentially impact our Clubs and Competitions

We will continue to provide EFL Clubs with updates and advice as it is issued to ensure that they have all the relevant up-to date information so that they can continue to advise their players, staff and supporters.

These matters are subject to constant change and we will update as appropriate.

id imagine it's a who blinks first type of situation. Whoever finally makes the decision, I believe it can come from uefa, fa hmg or the club ( I'm rulling the police out of this) and I'm not even sure the efl has the power, will possibly open themselves up to legal cases, so all will be hoping that someone else does it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

One person in a football crowd of 30,000 say, isn't going to give it to the whole crowd,maybe the unlucky person. sat next.
You've got same chance of getting it off of someone talking to them on street or in Supermarket.
As that Doc has said there is no need to cancel outdoor events.

Statto

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 10, 2020, 05:29:42 PM
One person in a football crowd of 30,000 say, isn't going to give it to the whole crowd,maybe the unlucky person. sat next.
You've got same chance of getting it off of someone talking to them on street or in Supermarket.

Exactly. By virtue of being an open air venue, a stadium probably gives rise to less risk of transmission than a car, train, office, supermarket, gym, pub, restaurant etc. So unless you're going to ban all those things for the 1-2 years it takes to develop a vaccine, what's the point in playing football matches behind closed doors? People need to listen what the UK authorities are saying - they've clearly decided it is inevitable that this thing is going to spread, and whilst they might implement measures to soften the peak of an outbreak, they're not going to go full drama like the Italians.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 10, 2020, 06:02:47 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 10, 2020, 05:29:42 PM

Exactly. By virtue of being an open air venue, a stadium probably gives rise to less risk of transmission than a car, train, office, supermarket, gym, pub, restaurant etc. So unless you're going to ban all those things for the 1-2 years it takes to develop a vaccine, what's the point in playing football matches behind closed doors? People need to listen what the UK authorities are saying - they've clearly decided it is inevitable that this thing is going to spread, and whilst they might implement measures to soften the peak of an outbreak, they're not going to go full drama like the Italians.

Let us not forget that 4,000 people caught the virus at a MegaChurch in South Korea, each person spread it to 17 more and each of them spread it to 17 more. The major problem is so many people are dependent on the NHS to stay alive, but they didn't have enough staff and machines for last years flu, so people won't get treated. No toilet rolls doesn't matter, but not enough doctors is a major crisis and no life support machines help.

The figures in the last 8 hours from the World Health Orgainsation were very good for Asia and very bad for Europe. Either we find a way to test millions of people or a total shutdown of airports stadiums, bars, gyms and restaurants will be the only solution in a couple of weeks. If Charing Cross Hospital asks Fulham vs Brentford not to have spectators, then I am sure the two teams will say yes. A major crisis at that hospital is happening and they know it. As a kid, older people talked about "Bedlam Hospital" in south-west london being horrific, so bad "Bedlam" is a word in the english language.

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51827356

Health Minister and Conservative MP Nadine Dorries tests Positivie.for Cvirus.

Oakeshott

"People need to listen what the UK authorities are saying - they've clearly decided it is inevitable that this thing is going to spread, and whilst they might implement measures to soften the peak of an outbreak, they're not going to go full drama like the Italians." 

"Either we find a way to test millions of people or a total shutdown of airports stadiums, bars, gyms and restaurants will be the only solution in a couple of weeks."

Two very different views. By the end of the month we'll know which one will prove to be correct (as there won't be millions of tests being administered by then). The former way more likely in my view.

Steeeeeeeeeed

This guy has gainied a large following world wide, recently...

Dr. John Campbell, giving measured and educated daily updates about Cvirus, I only  discovered him the other day when folk were criticising Trump and Johnson's reactions,  and said this guy was giving much better information. He seems on the case to me...

In this video he focuses on some China cases first, but then opens out to various issues with it, and criticises Cheltenham Festival going ahead, but praises Ireland for cancelling St Patricks Day events,.that kind of thing.

https://youtu.be/FZV9z0RVhy4

Personally, I wouldn't go to any large gatherings or crowds now, and will be wearing disposable gloves when on public transport.. we are at a rather crucial point now

Ged

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 10, 2020, 10:57:46 PM

Dr. John Campbell, giving measured and educated daily updates about Cvirus, I only  discovered him the other day when folk were criticising Trump and Johnson's reactions,  and said this guy was giving much better information. He seems on the case to me...

In this video he focuses on some China cases first, but then opens out to various issues with it, and criticises Cheltenham Festival going ahead, but praises Ireland for cancelling St Patricks Day events,.that kind of thing.

Personally, I wouldn't go to any large gatherings or crowds now, and will be wearing disposable gloves when on public transport.. we are at a rather crucial point now
Thanks for sharing. Very interesting good to hear a balanced view of what's Happening.

Jurassic Parker

Manchester City v Arsenal postponed

Hate to say I called it but I did say early in the thread that Wolves and Olympiakis owner getting Coronavirus will make the FA take action.

The game is postponed for testing as Arsenal recently played Olympiakos.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Ged on March 11, 2020, 12:14:53 AM

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting good to hear a balanced view of what's Happening.

I am sharing it around as much as possible, much better coverage than much of the media at present.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 11, 2020, 02:46:59 AM
Quote from: Ged on March 11, 2020, 12:14:53 AM

I am sharing it around as much as possible, much better coverage than much of the media at present.

Spot on. The UK must stop assuming China is lying, producing fake news and unclean.

How can we even consider have a football game when 7,400 got infected through multiple church meetings, which is similar to a stadium?

flyingfish

Think within a week we are going to see drastic measures. Many private companies are taking their own steps to protect staff (ie their assets) and so home working erc will become the norm for those able t. brentford game will be last home game this season with a crowd imo.