Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 03:22:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 03:11:00 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 03:06:45 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 02:59:23 PM
Quote from: Tabby on March 17, 2020, 02:45:49 PM
There are a lot of people who can't deal with losing two weeks of wages for quarantine due to rent, food and utilities. Any attempt at getting people to self-quarantine under those circumstances is ridiculous.

There needs to be either a freeze in payment of rent and utilities or a financial support for those that need it.

100%. A huge amount of people live month to month, overdraft, whatever. Especially with the current push (again from a certain political party but I'll leave it) toward zero hour contracts, less rights, etc. That financial support is being given around Europe, most other countries, our government has done the opposite (and still people - even here - are defending them! Beggars belief!).

less rights, can you name one that has changed. Pretty sure we are above the Eu recommendation on every single one

You've not be following have you? Less rights is literally the reason Brexit was put forward. The EU intervened to stop certain rights being lessened (do some Googling, find out for yourself) hence the referendum. Wait until Brexit actually happens and you willsee us far far below the rights you have become used to.
and yet we didn't lower any even when we could, let's hope you can still get enough tin foil to keep making your hats

You know we haven't actually left the EU yet, right?
and you know we could have lowered most things whilst still being in the Eu and never did right
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 03:25:56 PM
There are a lot of people who can't deal with losing two weeks of wages for quarantine due to rent, food and utilities. Any attempt at getting people to self-quarantine under those circumstances is ridiculous.

There needs to be either a freeze in payment of rent and utilities or a financial support for those that need it.

100%. A huge amount of people live month to month, overdraft, whatever. Especially with the current push (again from a certain political party but I'll leave it) toward zero hour contracts, less rights, etc. That financial support is being given around Europe, most other countries, our government has done the opposite (and still people - even here - are defending them! Beggars belief!).

less rights, can you name one that has changed. Pretty sure we are above the Eu recommendation on every single one

You've not be following have you? Less rights is literally the reason Brexit was put forward. The EU intervened to stop certain rights being lessened (do some Googling, find out for yourself) hence the referendum. Wait until Brexit actually happens and you willsee us far far below the rights you have become used to.
and yet we didn't lower any even when we could, let's hope you can still get enough tin foil to keep making your hats

and you know we could have lowered most things whilst still being in the Eu and never did right

'most' being the key word here.

Look, let's agree to disagree? You think the current Tory party are great, Get Brexit Done, Boris will look after us, etc. I think that, given NATO stepped in and called their treatment of disabled people a 'human rights violation' just a couple of years ago, they are possibly the worse and most wilfully evil government in history and that, if they had been in the middle east, we would probably be invading to stage an intervention and save them from themselves (a la Sadaam and co). #

So it's fair to say you and I won't agree any time soon, so let's stick to our common interest Fulham (mind you I think we fell out over Rodak too, so... haha).

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 03:33:16 PM

Look, let's agree to disagree? You think the current Tory party are great, Get Brexit Done, Boris will look after us, etc. I think that, given NATO stepped in and called their treatment of disabled people a 'human rights violation' just a couple of years ago, they are possibly the worse and most wilfully evil government in history and that, if they had been in the middle east, we would probably be invading to stage an intervention and save them from themselves (a la Sadaam and co). #

So it's fair to say you and I won't agree any time soon, so let's stick to our common interest Fulham (mind you I think we fell out over Rodak too, so... haha).
ala sad dam and co? Not a great example considering it was a labour government who took us in illegally to over throw him 😂

fulhamben

Lots of schools in Ealing are shutting from tomorrow

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 03:45:14 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 03:33:16 PM

ala sad dam and co? Not a great example considering it was a labour government who took us in illegally to over throw him 😂

Amazed (well, not really, it seems to be par for the course with the selective right-wing viewing..) that is the one thing you took from that. Not the fact that our own government have been committing human rights abuses and a sustained attack on the working class and poorest in society. That's all fine.

And yeah, Labour government took him out lol (you'll find it was the might of the US military and we were simply patsies, as we always are, and as your boy Boris is right now, but anyway...).

john dempsey

bloody hell you got all that off your chest,
is the ranting now over

Oakeshott

"You know we haven't actually left the EU yet, right?"

Actually we have. By agreement, for 2020 we are trading with the EU on the same basis as when we were members, but legally and politically we are no longer a member.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 17, 2020, 04:21:33 PM
we are trading with the EU on the same basis as when we were members

Just amended that for you to highlight the point relevant to the discussion we were having. All rules and regulations are, at present, exactly the same.

Oakeshott

Yes, the rules relating to trade remain the same 'til the end of December. 

snarks

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 04:24:04 PM

Just amended that for you to highlight the point relevant to the discussion we were having. All rules and regulations are, at present, exactly the same.

True and this thread will be locked soon, this government has already said it will diverge from Europe in regard to the Human Rights Act, reduce worker protections etc as soon as they can do which is 31 December 2020

ByTheRiver

Quote from: snarks on March 17, 2020, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 04:24:04 PM

True and this thread will be locked soon, this government has already said it will diverge from Europe in regard to the Human Rights Act, reduce worker protections etc as soon as they can do which is 31 December 2020

Which would be a shame as no one is being outright rude to anyone, merely exchanging viewpoints. But yes, they have, you're right. People seem to have selective vision though as to what they see and miss (or, being less courteous, 'don't do politics' so just take what they see in the Sun/Mail/Torygraph as gospel).

A real shame.

john dempsey

the virus makes no distinction to any ones political beliefs
so better off leaving politics out of what has been a very
sobering thread

ByTheRiver

Quote from: john dempsey on March 17, 2020, 04:54:14 PM
sobering thread

I merely made mention of the very sobering complete miscue made by the government last week. As that is, in the grand scheme of things, with all the potential ramifications of getting it wrong, very big news. The biggest news relating to this threads title.

It wasn't supposed to be a political debate. I would have said the same regardless of the party in charge (as its really not a 'winning/losing' 'football tribe' type thing) if said party in charge went against all advice, against what every other country on earth was doing, as they arrogantly thought they knew better, then 3 days later said 'sorry folks, we got it wrong, so loads more people are going to die because of our ridiculous decisions'. Wouldn't matter if it was Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, Green, whatever, this is a human issue not a political one.

I don't know about you, but I'm quite fond of my elderly relatives so silliness and/or wilful negligence on this kinda matters to me. For people not to them pull up those responsible genuinely shocks me.

But, alas, I will move on and not post again unless someone quotes/has a pop at me. 

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 04:49:06 PM
Which would be a shame as no one is being outright rude to anyone, merely exchanging viewpoints. But yes, they have, you're right. People seem to have selective vision though as to what they see and miss (or, being less courteous, 'don't do politics' so just take what they see in the Sun/Mail/Torygraph as gospel).

A real shame.

Quote from: fulhamross on March 17, 2020, 03:11:08 PM
Corbyn getting blamed by brexit supporting twats for COVID 19 and hes not even in power

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 03:14:25 PM

Yep. Honestly, you couldn't make it up. A nation of idiots. Supporting the very people booting them in the ribs and attacking (as ordered/coordinated by years of press nonsense) those who want to help change their situation for the better.

I'd laugh it wasn't all so tragic.

:doh:

ByTheRiver

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on March 17, 2020, 05:05:00 PM

A real shame.

Corbyn getting blamed by brexit supporting twats for COVID 19 and hes not even in power

Yep. Honestly, you couldn't make it up. A nation of idiots. Supporting the very people booting them in the ribs and attacking (as ordered/coordinated by years of press nonsense) those who want to help change their situation for the better.

Pray tell, who those were being directly rude to? *facepalm*

My own comment 'a nation of idiots' would include myself, no? Being born not far from the cottage. So, with generalising like that, anyone choosing to take that as a slur upon themselves is doing exactly that. Choosing to make it about themselves.

Good day x

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 05:01:15 PM
sobering thread

I merely made mention of the very sobering complete miscue made by the government last week. As that is, in the grand scheme of things, with all the potential ramifications of getting it wrong, very big news. The biggest news relating to this threads title.

It wasn't supposed to be a political debate. I would have said the same regardless of the party in charge (as its really not a 'winning/losing' 'football tribe' type thing) if said party in charge went against all advice, against what every other country on earth was doing, as they arrogantly thought they knew better, then 3 days later said 'sorry folks, we got it wrong, so loads more people are going to die because of our ridiculous decisions'. Wouldn't matter if it was Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, Green, whatever, this is a human issue not a political one.

I don't know about you, but I'm quite fond of my elderly relatives so silliness and/or wilful negligence on this kinda matters to me. For people not to them pull up those responsible genuinely shocks me.

But, alas, I will move on and not post again unless someone quotes/has a pop at me. 
said party didn't go against all advice, in fact it was quite the opposite.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on March 17, 2020, 05:05:00 PM

A real shame.

Pray tell, who those were being directly rude to? *facepalm*

My own comment 'a nation of idiots' would include myself, no? Being born not far from the cottage. So, with generalising like that, anyone choosing to take that as a slur upon themselves is doing exactly that. Choosing to make it about themselves.

Good day x

Well I agree with you on one of your points!

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 05:10:37 PM
sobering thread

Oh dear god. Where have you been? We're not talking about Dominic Cummins and Patrick Vallance. The World Health Organisation, several medical councils, just about every other 'Expert' in every other country, told them it was wrong and pleaded with them to change. How have you not seen any of that? They choose to listen to the ones that wanted/briefed. The plan that caused least harm (short term at least, they've messed themselves up now!) to the economy at the expense of human life.

And guess what? As of yesterday, turns out all those other experts/countries were right. They won. Get over it etc.

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 05:10:37 PM
sobering thread

Oh dear god. Where have you been? We're not talking about Dominic Cummins and Patrick Vallance. The World Health Organisation, several medical councils, just about every other 'Expert' in every other country, told them it was wrong and pleaded with them to change. How have you not seen any of that? They choose to listen to the ones that wanted/briefed. The plan that caused least harm (short term at least, they've messed themselves up now!) to the economy at the expense of human life.

And guess what? As of yesterday, turns out all those other experts/countries were right. They won. Get over it etc.
as you know we were at different stages. But yes big mistakes were made. As soon as the virus was known about we should have shut our borders to all foreign nationals and quarantined every British National returning home. Hopefully legislation will be put in place to prevent another outcome like this in the future. Although I doubt it as we are still letting flights in from mainland Europe, which is just crazy

toshes mate

Having watched episodes 1 & 2 of the new daily UK soap, 'Boris & Friends', I must admit it would be worth a chuckle were it not such a serious subject being derided by a bunch of not very good comedians.

They are not tackling Coronavirus at all.  They are tackling the effects of not tackling Coronavirus.