watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coronavirus Thread / New / Old / Merged

Started by I Ronic, March 01, 2020, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Apparently all European leagues have committed to finishing their leagues by June 30th. Which as we all know means very little at the moment. But the calendar has been extended by a month
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 05:48:15 PM
Apparently all European leagues have committed to finishing their leagues by June 30th. Which as we all know means very little at the moment. But the calendar has been extended by a month

Think they clutching at straws.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 17, 2020, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 05:48:15 PM

Think they clutching at straws.
personally I do especially when you look at Italy, think they've just posted their highest numbers for most new confirmed cases in a day.

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 03:11:00 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 17, 2020, 03:06:45 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 02:59:23 PM
Quote from: Tabby on March 17, 2020, 02:45:49 PM
There are a lot of people who can't deal with losing two weeks of wages for quarantine due to rent, food and utilities. Any attempt at getting people to self-quarantine under those circumstances is ridiculous.

There needs to be either a freeze in payment of rent and utilities or a financial support for those that need it.

100%. A huge amount of people live month to month, overdraft, whatever. Especially with the current push (again from a certain political party but I'll leave it) toward zero hour contracts, less rights, etc. That financial support is being given around Europe, most other countries, our government has done the opposite (and still people - even here - are defending them! Beggars belief!).

less rights, can you name one that has changed. Pretty sure we are above the Eu recommendation on every single one

You've not be following have you? Less rights is literally the reason Brexit was put forward. The EU intervened to stop certain rights being lessened (do some Googling, find out for yourself) hence the referendum. Wait until Brexit actually happens and you willsee us far far below the rights you have become used to.

Seems like a very long-winded way of saying the answer to ben's question is 'no'  086.gif

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Statto on March 17, 2020, 06:46:17 PM
There are a lot of people who can't deal with losing two weeks of wages for quarantine due to rent, food and utilities. Any attempt at getting people to self-quarantine under those circumstances is ridiculous.

There needs to be either a freeze in payment of rent and utilities or a financial support for those that need it.

100%. A huge amount of people live month to month, overdraft, whatever. Especially with the current push (again from a certain political party but I'll leave it) toward zero hour contracts, less rights, etc. That financial support is being given around Europe, most other countries, our government has done the opposite (and still people - even here - are defending them! Beggars belief!).

less rights, can you name one that has changed. Pretty sure we are above the Eu recommendation on every single one

You've not be following have you? Less rights is literally the reason Brexit was put forward. The EU intervened to stop certain rights being lessened (do some Googling, find out for yourself) hence the referendum. Wait until Brexit actually happens and you willsee us far far below the rights you have become used to.

Seems like a very long-winded way of saying the answer to ben's question is 'no'  086.gif

They can't as they still bound by EU law until we 'leave'. This has been covered already here, chap!

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 07:02:16 PM

They can't as they still bound by EU law until we 'leave'. This has been covered already here, chap!
but again, we could have easily lowered all our standards to Eu recommendations should we have choose too. But guess what we didn't. Didn't even try. But we will be raising our standards when we leave, especially in animal welfare where we have committed to the end of transportation of livestock. Something the Eu strangely forbids us from doing. But then they still allow barbaric sports like bull fighting too

john dempsey

SP

Overheard a couple of TfL guys chatting on the train tonight & they claim the trains will shortly revert to a Sunday service & parts of the tube will be cancelled for a couple of weeks.

fulhamben

Quote from: SP on March 17, 2020, 08:12:30 PM
Overheard a couple of TfL guys chatting on the train tonight & they claim the trains will shortly revert to a Sunday service & parts of the tube will be cancelled for a couple of weeks.
yes it's been on the news all day although they called it a weekend service

Motspur Park

It seems to me that until there is a cure or vaccination available, how can life return to normal? I understand there has been just one new case reported in Wuhan for 2 days running but if Wuhan is released from lockdown and their citizens mix again with residents of other regions and countries who still have the virus, then the problem will resurface as quickly as it was brought under control.

The point I am making is that surely restrictions will only be relaxed when there is a vaccine available or until countries can no longer afford the effects of a lockdown and accept the consequences of the fallout.

ffcne

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 05:01:15 PM
Quote from: john dempsey on March 17, 2020, 04:54:14 PM
the virus makes no distinction to any ones political beliefs
so better off leaving politics out of what has been a very
sobering thread

I merely made mention of the very sobering complete miscue made by the government last week. As that is, in the grand scheme of things, with all the potential ramifications of getting it wrong, very big news. The biggest news relating to this threads title.

It wasn't supposed to be a political debate. I would have said the same regardless of the party in charge (as its really not a 'winning/losing' 'football tribe' type thing) if said party in charge went against all advice, against what every other country on earth was doing, as they arrogantly thought they knew better, then 3 days later said 'sorry folks, we got it wrong, so loads more people are going to die because of our ridiculous decisions'. Wouldn't matter if it was Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, Green, whatever, this is a human issue not a political one.

I don't know about you, but I'm quite fond of my elderly relatives so silliness and/or wilful negligence on this kinda matters to me. For people not to them pull up those responsible genuinely shocks me.

But, alas, I will move on and not post again unless someone quotes/has a pop at me.

Your first statement was very political.
That is why I reacted.
And you are still trying to score political points in this post.
A few decades back there would be a joint party strategy ,
but sadly not possible now.

toshes mate

This is all good.

Interesting video (Youtube) by Dr Roger Seheult (MedCram) about chloroquine and how it allows zinc to protect cells from viral attacks including Covid-19.   This seventeen minute video covers the whole process and discusses papers written in South Korea and China documenting testing processes used there since early February to treat patients.  He keeps the subject interesting, simple and clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7F1cnWup9M

fulhamben

Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2020, 08:13:56 AM
This is all good.

Interesting video (Youtube) by Dr Roger Seheult (MedCram) about chloroquine and how it allows zinc to protect cells from viral attacks including Covid-19.   This seventeen minute video covers the whole process and discusses papers written in South Korea and China documenting testing processes used there since early February to treat patients.  He keeps the subject interesting, simple and clear.

there can be quite a few side effects with chloroquine so anyone thinking of getting some should do their homework first

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on March 18, 2020, 08:18:04 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2020, 08:13:56 AM
This is all good.

there can be quite a few side effects with chloroquine so anyone thinking of getting some should do their homework first
It's prescription only but safe to be used (as explained in the video) for 5-7 days.  Testing in France for shorter periods has reduced infection time to seven days or less.

Holders

Here, it's loo rolls and soap that you can't get but in Germany they're hamstering sausages and cheese. That's the Wurst-Käse scenario.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sting of the North

Quote from: Holders on March 18, 2020, 10:06:53 AM
Here, it's loo rolls and soap that you can't get but in Germany they're hamstering sausages and cheese. That's the Würst-Käse scenario.

:005:

toshes mate

A little snippet of information that may add to the benefits of chloroquine.

'As of February 26, 2020, the UK government has added chloroquine to the list of medicines that cannot be parallel exported from the UK.  Chloroquine was never on this list before.  This likely happened because of the growing body of evidence of chloroquine's effectiveness against coronavirus.' (from a recent research paper on anti-viral studies in Europe)

Holders

Interesting preliminary findings from China that people with blood type A may be more vulnerable to the disease than those with type O (62% more deaths). No comment as to the distribution of the types in the population or whether they've balanced for this but it's from scientists and doctors so one would assume so.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on March 17, 2020, 07:02:16 PM

I left the bar stewards a long time ago, round about the time of the Battle of Waterloo 18th June 1815.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Racegoers at Cheltenham reportedly showing virus symptoms. Whoever would have thought it?