News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri or Anguissa: Who would you rather have in the Prem?

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 08, 2020, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Between the two players, which would you rather have on our squad this season?

Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
102 (72.9%)
Jean Michael Seri
2 (1.4%)
Both
13 (9.3%)
Neither
23 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 140

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2020, 07:50:26 PM
Amazed at some of the attitude comments. I can't recall either of them ever saying anything remotely indicative of a bad attitude.

They didn't but that doesn't read as an interesting backstory for a scapegoat......

Twig

Seri absolutely not. Zambo ok if he's ok with starting the season as a bench player. But I doubt he would be and therein lies the problem. On balance I fell it's better to move on.

Enfield

Seri is absolutely and totally useless, he's had his chance in the prem. and Slav, the Chauffeur, and even slow on the uptake Ranieri gave up on him.

The Rational Fan

The Khans won't be buying many players this window, four to seven is most estimates with defense being three of those signings, Harrison Reed and a backup striker using up five of them. We definately need Anguiissa and Seri in the squad then.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Twig on August 08, 2020, 10:41:55 PM
Seri absolutely not. Zambo ok if he's ok with starting the season as a bench player. But I doubt he would be and therein lies the problem. On balance I fell it's better to move on.

Why wouldn't he be ok with that?   If he doesn't beat out whomever is ahead of him in practice, that's on him.   He's paid a salary to be a player.   He has two years left on his contract...   

He's played well in La Liga, which most feel is one of the, if not THE league with the most footballing talent in it.   Doesn't matter if he'd won the ballon d'or, if he doesn't fit the system we know Scott Parker won't play him.

Anguissa is not a bumb on the pitch, as some would have you think.

Was he great?   No.   Three managers, multiple systems, inconsistency in the midfield...yet he's been good at Villarreal

I don't expect him to start immediately (our captain holds his spot) but at some point he's going to move into the starting lineup.

Not every player succeeds on every team.    Eden Hazard prime example this year.

If all Scott Parker needs in the midfield is a grafter, then Zambo may not get a lot of minutes and might be better served on a different team.   

FFCBadger

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 06:24:07 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 08, 2020, 06:19:59 PM
Zambo any day of the week, and given he played basically every minute under Parker whereas Seri from memory only had one game because Cairney's son was being born- Parker would say the same.

If we had a Midfield Three of Reed, Zambo; Onomah going into next season I'd be more than happy. Most balanced midfield we could have in my opinion.
you read my mind with that midfield trio. I'd be more than happy to go into the season with those 3 starting for us

No Cairney then?

Bassey the warrior

Anguissa but I'd like both. Both unfairly maligned given most players had a poor season last year. Would improve our squad.

General

Highlights from his last season at Villareal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1LZGHVejVk  Looks like a different player to who he was playing for us and shows undoubted quality. Harness this at Fulham and he's an asset and first team starter.

Bill2

Anguissa if he has improved a bit. We have Onomah who is better and scores. As for Seri well he would have to improved beyond belief before I want to see him in a Fulham shirt.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: General on August 11, 2020, 11:19:14 AM

Highlights from his last season at Villareal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1LZGHVejVk  Looks like a different player to who he was playing for us and shows undoubted quality. Harness this at Fulham and he's an asset and first team starter.

Looks superb. A clear starter if he continues his form. He's our player and if any team wants him they will need to pay more than what we bought him for.

Bill2

Quote from: General on August 11, 2020, 11:19:14 AM

Who was he doing all this wonderful stuff against though? To be fair looks like he has filled out a bit.

Tabby

Main thing he could bring to the midfield is more pace. Onomah And Cairney aren't exactly sprinters.

Deuce

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Bill2 on August 11, 2020, 11:41:18 AM
Anguissa if he has improved a bit. We have Onomah who is better and scores. As for Seri well he would have to improved beyond belief before I want to see him in a Fulham shirt.

Seri has never been a player with great statistics, but since he moved to the DM role he had the best half season statistical since 16/17. As a comparison, Seri's statistics were about equal with Harrison Reed in the same position.

I think Reed will struggle in the premier league like Seri did so last time it would be nice to have Reed with Seri ready on the bench competiting for one spot. Starting as a bench player Seri will do much better, because earning Harrison Reeds spot in the starting XI will earn him more respect than being thrown in the team.

Jamie88

The thing is with Anguissa is that although he can show very good ball control in tight areas and is physically strong and is capable of winning the ball back, I always feel like he is neither one thing nor the other. I don't see him as a player who is an out and out deep lying midfielder, nor do I see him as an attacking midfielder (have a look at his goals & assists, 2 goals and 2 assists in 40 odd matches this season).

Most of those clips show him surging forward with the ball, but seemingly doing little with it. I appreciate the moments of good football, but after watching that video, I feel the same way as I did when he was playing better when he was with us. I would still have him back but I am not getting as excited as everyone else seems to be at the prospect personally.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 12, 2020, 02:20:31 PM
The thing is with Anguissa is that although he can show very good ball control in tight areas and is physically strong and is capable of winning the ball back, I always feel like he is neither one thing nor the other. I don't see him as a player who is an out and out deep lying midfielder, nor do I see him as an attacking midfielder (have a look at his goals & assists, 2 goals and 2 assists in 40 odd matches this season).

Most of those clips show him surging forward with the ball, but seemingly doing little with it. I appreciate the moments of good football, but after watching that video, I feel the same way as I did when he was playing better when he was with us. I would still have him back but I am not getting as excited as everyone else seems to be at the prospect personally.

He was playing more of a box-to-box midfielder, so you are correct that he is neither a deep lying or attacking midfielder but a little bit of both/inbetween. Would work well (position wise) in our midfield I reckon, with a DM (Reed?) and either TC or Onomah.

filham

Niether, they are on collision course wit Cairney and Reed who have pro proved themselves first choice players. Seri and Anguissa are too expensive for bench warmers.

Slaphead in Qatar

Sting of the North

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 12, 2020, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: davew on August 08, 2020, 05:54:36 PM
Neither, they didn´t perform last time so why should they this time?

Agree

That of course also goes for almost all of the other players in the team. Maybe can let Mitro of the hook as he did score a couple of goals, but I think to be fair we should not give any of the other players a second chance.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 12, 2020, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: davew on August 08, 2020, 05:54:36 PM
Neither, they didn´t perform last time so why should they this time?

Agree

Could similarly apply the logic to any of the players currently in our squad that got relegated last time round, so not the soundest logic ever. Both got played out of position before, Seri wasn't a DM and Anguissa has always played best in a 4-3-3 or with a holding midfielder next to him in a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 so he can be box to box and use his ability to better effect. Parker player Anguissa in a better role and he looked better for it, if anyone is going to get the best out of a central midfielder it'll be the former premier league central midfielder.