https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No way Parker survives this

Started by fulhamben, October 24, 2020, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: fulhamben on October 24, 2020, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 24, 2020, 05:22:11 PM
If the tactics were better today i do feel we could've won,but mitrovic was awful. the amount of possession we have and do nothing with is criminal
thats Parker ball for you. Apparently we just need another 10 to 20 games on top of the 60 we've already tried it with for it to not be as crap.
I agree. How the hell does he watch mitro today and not yell at him to pull their cb's about?
Or does he not care since he doesn't tell our midfield to run into said space created. It really baffles ...
Foolish ham

Luka

Last week we dropped two points (well Mitro did).
Today we should have got at least a point but we missed that golden chance (well Mitro did) to draw level.
Listen to TC after the game. They know where our problems lie and it's in both boxes.
Our defending is getting better, it's not great but improving and let's face it, Zaha can open up most defences.
But our centre forward play is going backwards. We are toothless in attack.
Worse still, we don't have any options.
There is a pattern.

Lordedmundo

It is way too early to sack Parker. We need to wait a bit longer otherwise we will probably end having four managers this season rather than the usual three!

But, seriously though - he deserves the next three games at least. However, I think anything less than 4 points from those three and then it will be time to twist.  At that stage we need to decide whether to go with the short term solution (Big Sam) or more long term (Eddie Howe).  I would probably go with the latter, although you could argue that our squad would be more suited to the former...

I'm not completely writing Parker off yet. The circumstances of our promotion, so close to pre-season - was always going to make the start of this season incredibly tough. I also think we have been unlucky not to get a point at Wolves and 3 last week.

FFC1987

Did anyone else think we looked good today despite scoreline? I actually said to myself during parts of game we look like a EPL side.

WindyCity

Quote from: Luka on October 24, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
Zaha can open up most defences.

Sure he can.  BUT, every time he touched the ball, FFC players looked like they were crapping themselves.  No bravery, no challenge, no marking, no nothing.  Zaha bossed the entire FFC side.  Sad to say, but true.  Palace could have had more than just the two goals.

Worcesterwhite

Parker needs to prove he can adapt his tactics and change the way we approach games, first and foremost make us hard to play against and break down, may not be pretty on the eye but essential in this league we are currently a soft touch! If he persists with possession slow tempo football things will get worse as confidence from the team will disappear. Can he adapt, time will tell but he needs to change approach quickly

Nero

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 24, 2020, 06:06:10 PM
Did anyone else think we looked good today despite scoreline? I actually said to myself during parts of game we look like a EPL side.

Yes, but it was a bit like a butter knife no cutting edge, dont think Parker trusts the player to score and seems to want them stood outside the box waiting for the counter instead of inside trying to score

WindyCity

Looks can be deceiving.  All that possession and really no good scoring chances created.  (Save Lookmans' woodwork)  Palace was happy to just sit back and watch FFC make unproductive passes in the midfield and gather large quantities of possession time, as does most of the teams we play.  What looks like bossing is really a mirage......

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: fulhamben on October 24, 2020, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 24, 2020, 04:48:06 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2020, 04:29:46 PM
We look like a decent team that needs another quality forward and a couple more weeks getting to know each other. Those things are on TK, not Parker.

I agree. We just need to ignore the headhunting cannibals who want to sack something every other week.
well we lose pretty much every week so when do you sack a crap manager?

We probably will. Has Norwich City sacked their manager yet?

Arthur

I don't think Parker will be sacked.

We've gone down the 'sack the manager' route twice before in the P.L. under our current chairman. I think Shahid will decide that, even if we fail to stay up again, we can't be seen, yet again, to be in a state chaotic upheaval for most of the season - and this is what will always be presumed, in my view, if a club chops and changes its promotion-winning manager.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2020, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: sarnian on October 24, 2020, 05:40:48 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on October 24, 2020, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: Robbie on October 24, 2020, 04:58:36 PM
TBF - this was mission impossible. Third team up, lockdown ...

Leeds managed to bring in a top international CB and a top international striker in roughly the same timeframe and had them in early enough to get bedded in before a ball was kicked.

Let's not make excuses. Let's examine the issue.

Leeds we're actually promoted on 15 July so had almost 3 weeks start in the transfer market. Leeds already had a strong physical side in place which is something we did not and still do not have.

I'm sure if we were a well run club, it would have crossed someone's mind in late July that there was a chance we might get promoted and that we should prepare for that by identifying some potential upgrades to sign in the event that promotion materialised

I appreciate that TK's knowledge of English football is still very limited but given this was our second promotion via the play-offs, he ought to have understood how they worked

Spot on. And btw we have known about our CB weaknesses and limited central striking resources not for weeks, not for months not even for one season. We have known since our last disastrous premier league season. Just maybe a professional DoF would have had a strategy in place?

Having said that it is clear SP needs to change the way we transition into attack. To his credit he dropped Cav for today so perhaps he will also show himself capable of tweaking his preferred style.

alfie

Quote from: rebel on October 24, 2020, 05:29:04 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on October 24, 2020, 04:35:25 PM
He's still not learned that Parkerball is ineffective and makes us so easy to defend against, and clearly can't coach basic defending either. Doesn't help that Mitro currently looks like a league 2 player though

Agree 100%, the big problem is the players look beaten, there isn't a bounce in their step. All Kamara's 'good qualities' has been 'coached' out of him, he looks a 'shadow' of himself. This has the 'feel' of 2018.
What good qualities were they then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2020, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: sarnian on October 24, 2020, 05:40:48 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on October 24, 2020, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: Robbie on October 24, 2020, 04:58:36 PM
TBF - this was mission impossible. Third team up, lockdown ...

Leeds managed to bring in a top international CB and a top international striker in roughly the same timeframe and had them in early enough to get bedded in before a ball was kicked.

Let's not make excuses. Let's examine the issue.

Leeds we're actually promoted on 15 July so had almost 3 weeks start in the transfer market. Leeds already had a strong physical side in place which is something we did not and still do not have.

I'm sure if we were a well run club, it would have crossed someone's mind in late July that there was a chance we might get promoted and that we should prepare for that by identifying some potential upgrades to sign in the event that promotion materialised

How do you know this wasn't in fact done? I don't think TK should be our DoF, but to think he or anyone on the footballing side wasn't preparing is a bit absurd.

Lyle from Hangeland

Me! Me!   082.gif

AnOldBrownie

Yes.

But we are (still) too slow up top.   And I'm not sold on Mitro being anything more than an average at best striker in the EPL.   Defending CBs are too strong/fast/tall to be threatened by him...and we don't have an alternative attacking option that involves good build up in the final 3rd.

I'm not Parker out...but the reliance on Mitro is going to kill us.  We are the slowest attacking side (of the teams that don't simply park the bus) in the premier league.

Mitro is the slowest attacking player...and RLC is also slow.   

A win against West Brom is a must.   The season gets hard after that game.

Whitestone

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on October 24, 2020, 06:10:13 PM
Parker needs to prove he can adapt his tactics and change the way we approach games, first and foremost make us hard to play against and break down, may not be pretty on the eye but essential in this league we are currently a soft touch! If he persists with possession slow tempo football things will get worse as confidence from the team will disappear. Can he adapt, time will tell but he needs to change approach quickly

Agree with this.

There were a lot of positives today, of course there were but I can understand why the focus is on the negatives/result because points win prizes. We have some very good players and it's up to Parker to get the best out of them. To do that he may need to swallow his pride and adapt his principles.

itombomb

Apart from the 2nd half of the 1st leg of the semi and the playoff final (and maybe the Leeds and Millwall games at home last year) when have SP fans happy with how his team has played football?

I have no confidence in his ability to manage a team at this level (and I had very little confidence at the level below). 

Matt10

I've said it before, but Parker is falling into the same traps that Slav did. Changing tactics every single week. I understand changing them based on the opponent, but if it means changing the base tactics, then it's not worth it. If we applied the exact same tactics used from last week: a 3-4-2-1 in the attack, a 5-4-1 defensively - we could have gotten something out of this game. Aina needed extra help, and having a RWB would've been ideal. Yet, Parker sets up with a 4-3-3 for the first time all year. In a must win game. He sets up with a brand new formation.

Inmyday75

Quote from: itombomb on October 24, 2020, 06:44:32 PM
Apart from the 2nd half of the 1st leg of the semi and the playoff final (and maybe the Leeds and Millwall games at home last year) when have SP fans happy with how his team has played football?

I have no confidence in his ability to manage a team at this level (and I had very little confidence at the level below).
We were decent against Boro too!
Seriously though, that aside, you're spot on. I've been nonplussed by our performances week in week out for a long time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on October 24, 2020, 04:27:53 PM
Possibly the single biggest mistake in our entire history was jol signing Parker. It has haunted us for years. Terrible player for us, terrible coach for us and a terrible manger for us. Surely everyone with a brain can now see this Jonah  has to go
:doh: