watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan on Twitter tonight re Ivan Tony

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Again a poster is criticising other fans, as if trying to speak calmly and objectively about  someone obviously a hate figure for many here, has any influence over the situation- as if the fact that some fans  trying to understand TK's actions, rather than ranting and raving, will  them mean he has carte blanch to continue to  abuse his power as Fulham's DoF (as many here seem to believe he does).

But TK as DoF, his father owning the club, is the reality.
FFP, which  seems  unfairly stringent for a club  of Fulham's size, compared to how it affects top clubs is also a reality.

You may think TK has mismanaged the situation - maybe he has maybe  he hasn't, though he has obviously done positive things re signing players, as well as  made mistakes, but this is our situation at the moment, and we have to make the most of it.

I'm sure at some future date Mr. Khan will sell up, and TK will leave Fulham, and then there will  be a different owners and a different set of problems  that owner, whoever he is, has to face.

But at the moment, the main concern for everyone at the club has to be trying to survive in the Prem, not whether or not we should have signed one player, or another, in the past.

At least TK is trying to inform fans of the situation, and show why  we didn't sign a striker, but he's obviously better keeping his mouth shut, it seems.

colinwhite

Tony is an obvious target on which people can vent their frustration. Hes not perfect and he is the owners son ,or one of the the owners of our club. They have always shown respect to the club and fans ,are investing massive amounts of money in improving our ground and the clubs future. This year the club has made some excellent signings and no flops,whilst there were mistakes last time around,so he is learning.

As  long as Shahid khan owns the club he will have Tony involved and it is his decision.All the chat backwards and forwards is irelevant in my book. Lets be grateful for what they are doing for the club instead of griping about things we dont like.None of us have ever been near running a PL club so in reality none of us have a clue as to what is involved.

Dr Quinzel

I'm not sure the TK 'respecting' of the fans holds entirely true. I think the dislike/distrust is mutual - maybe not across the entire board, but there's been an edge there since he started.

Hence the fact he does search his name on Twitter and does have eyes on forums such as this. As well as sometimes random and other times retaliatory outbursts. I should note, this isn't exclusive to Fulham. He's long done this in Jax where he is thought of fairly similarly as many here do, but he is more of an after thought for them these days. They have enough issues.

He's had an odd reaction to criticism, constructive or otherwise (sure, it frequently isn't) from the start. I'm not sure his public persona and what I assume is an acted persona for his wrestling career (didn't think I'd ever write that) combines well. I can't tell what is him and what is fantasy.

Some have mentioned along the lines of 'being where we are', with what I took to be a signal to support and face that head on. I can get behind that somewhat, but I do have to stop short if that means I can't bemoan or criticise the one or two constants that seems to cause these issues (I'm including Ali Mac within that). If we don't, do we ever improve? I always believe if you are not constantly improving you'll end up being left behind.

AM has some sort of teflon skin and has overseen a club going from middling PL club with occasional European nights to a yo-yo club that has had a lot of negative press - FFP failures, CK court fiasco, arrests at the training ground, claims of child endangerment and racism from ex youth players and so on. We've been promised more internal reports... It baffles me how he is still here.

TK has had a chance, and he's done some good and some bad. Then another chance, and will there be another? Again, he seems teflon, although his surname obviously helps there.

For me it isn't even always the actions - I like Maja as a signing if we go down and he's made permanent and I think signings like Robinson and Tosin are very, very smart - but there's also a certain amount of mismanagement too. Gambles that often pay off in some ways, but hit us heavily in others. Knockaert and the agreement for his FT transfer for instance.

We seem to almost always get the big signings/expensive signings wrong and they do hit us heavily. We're hiding behind FFP, but we had a squad with a large number of players unregistered who had only been here a short time.

And OK, no-one is perfect and you can understand mistakes, but often when the mistakes are explained, the explanations or details are in conflict with the true situation or they even seem to contradict themselves. There often seems to be an excuse, or something to hide behind. A character trait few look up to.

Anyway, just some morning rambles, but getting some stuff off of my chest as best balanced as I can.

Everton tomorrow.... UTF.

hovewhite

I'm not a fan of the khan's full stop, but feel he's hard done to on this occasion.

ALG01

I think, that is usually a good start.
I think that some of the friction beteween fans is that some of us (me) spend much time speaking out when we feel things are not as they should be.
And in effect others say, it is what it is deal with it. Going on and on moaning about things you cannot control is pointless.

The problem with the stop moaning attitude is, in my opinion, it is dangerously wrong.

the idea you should accept whatever is served up, when you can see it can be very much improved, runs counter to everything I understand abpout life.

JimOG

Quote from: colinwhite on February 12, 2021, 05:54:01 AM
Tony is an obvious target on which people can vent their frustration. Hes not perfect and he is the owners son ,or one of the the owners of our club. They have always shown respect to the club and fans ,are investing massive amounts of money in improving our ground and the clubs future. This year the club has made some excellent signings and no flops,whilst there were mistakes last time around,so he is learning.

As  long as Shahid khan owns the club he will have Tony involved and it is his decision.All the chat backwards and forwards is irelevant in my book. Lets be grateful for what they are doing for the club instead of griping about things we dont like.None of us have ever been near running a PL club so in reality none of us have a clue as to what is involved.

Nice summary sir  :003:

JimOG

Quote from: ALG01 on February 12, 2021, 12:39:50 PM
I think that some of the friction beteween fans is that some of us (me) spend much time speaking out when we feel things are not as they should be.
And in effect others say, it is what it is deal with it. Going on and on moaning about things you cannot control is pointless.

The problem with the stop moaning attitude is, in my opinion, it is dangerously wrong.

the idea you should accept whatever is served up, when you can see it can be very much improved, runs counter to everything I understand abpout life.

Fair enough and I totally understand that frustrations after the match will find expression on message boards but it's the inability to incorporate the bigger picture - what the Khans have done from investing in the team & the ground, that I find unacceptable. A bit of balance is also necessary in life.

b+w geezer

Quote from: ALG01 on February 11, 2021, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: b+w geezer on February 11, 2021, 02:14:15 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on February 11, 2021, 01:47:13 PM
I did used to quite like Ali Mac's comm s with the fans via YouTube videos. I think TK should follow that style and be a bit more professional.
As occurred with his informative post-window interview on the club website recently. That is indeed how to do it.

My problem with those videos is that the interviewer does not probe anywhere near hard enough and it is an opportuniuty for tony to tell us why he failed (or succeded if that is what you think he did).
For sure. it's not a grilling, but a PR exercise. (So if other clubs' websites offer grillings of their TK equivalents, we are missing out -- do they?)

As a PR exercise, it went into considerable background detail -- oodles more than I ever used to receive from FFC. This included that we were sailing close to the wind of financial compliance, the reason for which was not spelled out or demanded by the interviewer. You had to work out why for yourself.

ron

I slavishly follow every word that Tony Khan posts on social media, because I am really interested in knowing how to run a football club properly.

Brawn

For the girl who lives above her means...

For the girl who just won't give up...

For the girl with a dream...

Delusion. Convince yourself.

ALG01

Quote from: JimOG on February 12, 2021, 01:11:51 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on February 12, 2021, 12:39:50 PM

Fair enough and I totally understand that frustrations after the match will find expression on message boards but it's the inability to incorporate the bigger picture - what the Khans have done from investing in the team & the ground, that I find unacceptable. A bit of balance is also necessary in life.

It is indeed a balanced view that is needed.
Too much debate descends very quickly into taking sides.
Me I do not like TK's way of being DoF, that is clear but i do think the Khan;s have the heart in the right place, that makes the errors so much more of a frustration.

Maidstone Lee

?s=21
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Maidstone Lee

Angry Scott Parker on collision course with Fulham co-owner Tony Khan after transfer claim

The Fulham boss is unhappy with the outspoken co-owner's latest public declarations, regarding potential interest in striker Ivan Toney last summer

Fulham manager Scott Parker is on collision course with co-owner Tony Khan after more social media declarations from the Cottagers chief.

Parker admitted in September his disappointment with Khan, after he had apologised to supporters for the side's performance against Aston Villa.

But he has again been left frustrated with the 38-year-old, after further social media statements which have again undermined Parker.

Khan took to Twitter earlier this week to publicly reveal details of a failed bid last summer for Ivan Toney.

Toney moved from Peterborough to Brentford in a fee worth a potential £10million, and has enjoyed a magnificent campaign in the Championship thus far, scoring 23 goals for the Bees.

Khan divulged on Wednesday that Fulham had been unable to afford Toney - despite returning to the Premier League.

That came after Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony had replied to a tweet stating that Parker had been keen on taking Toney from London Road before his move.

But in a move that could easily be interpreted as egotistical, Khan rejected that assertion, rubbishing suggestions of input from Parker and taking sole credit for anyinterest in the striker.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-fulham-transfers-khan-23492936
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Matt10

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 12, 2021, 11:19:53 PM
?s=21

---------------------------------------------------------------

Angry Scott Parker on collision course with Fulham co-owner Tony Khan after transfer claim

The Fulham boss is unhappy with the outspoken co-owner's latest public declarations, regarding potential interest in striker Ivan Toney last summer

Fulham manager Scott Parker is on collision course with co-owner Tony Khan after more social media declarations from the Cottagers chief.

Parker admitted in September his disappointment with Khan, after he had apologised to supporters for the side's performance against Aston Villa.

But he has again been left frustrated with the 38-year-old, after further social media statements which have again undermined Parker.

Khan took to Twitter earlier this week to publicly reveal details of a failed bid last summer for Ivan Toney.

Toney moved from Peterborough to Brentford in a fee worth a potential £10million, and has enjoyed a magnificent campaign in the Championship thus far, scoring 23 goals for the Bees.

Khan divulged on Wednesday that Fulham had been unable to afford Toney - despite returning to the Premier League.

That came after Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony had replied to a tweet stating that Parker had been keen on taking Toney from London Road before his move.

But in a move that could easily be interpreted as egotistical, Khan rejected that assertion, rubbishing suggestions of input from Parker and taking sole credit for anyinterest in the striker.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-fulham-transfers-khan-23492936

These two sources of information are as out of context as they come. This is literally the dilemma that we are faced with in the world of news. Which one to believe? The one that is pitting Parker against Khan, or the one that is posting quotes from Parker directly?

It may not sound like a big deal, but this thread is pretty much proof that how the information is delivered seems to be more important than the information itself.

Again, I don't see a problem with Khan giving information, just like I don't see a problem with Parker being diplomatic.

You want answers? Go with Tony Khan.

You want some answers that are down to interpretation and grace? Go with Scott Parker.

Sgt Fulham

Tony Khan is 38 years old? Yikes. He has always come across as eccentric, but not in a good way. The sort of guy that you're too nice to be mean to but roll your eyes every time they come your way. Undortunately he has control of his Dad's wallet and therefore our club. No doubt any rift between Parker and TK has been blown out of proportion but I would bet my savings that Parker has no real love for Khan and just puts up with him. Frankly I find him an embarrassment to our club, but en embarrassment is better than being a Bolton or Blackpool. In a way its quite sad.

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on February 13, 2021, 12:00:30 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 12, 2021, 11:19:53 PM
?s=21

---------------------------------------------------------------

These two sources of information are as out of context as they come. This is literally the dilemma that we are faced with in the world of news. Which one to believe? The one that is pitting Parker against Khan, or the one that is posting quotes from Parker directly?

It may not sound like a big deal, but this thread is pretty much proof that how the information is delivered seems to be more important than the information itself.

Again, I don't see a problem with Khan giving information, just like I don't see a problem with Parker being diplomatic.

You want answers? Go with Tony Khan.

You want some answers that are down to interpretation and grace? Go with Scott Parker.

Come on. The article is fundamentally consistent with the quotes. If you can't infer unhappiness and frustration from the quotes Rutzler has tweeted, you've got a serious communication problem. Maybe it's a British cultural thing, but if you're asked what you think of someone's actions, and you reply by saying you'd like their conduct to be "world class" and "make the fans proud", it means that on this occasion you don't think the person's actions were "world class" and something the fans would be proud of. SP also explicitly says TK's tweets are "not helpful", which is also what he said last time around.

People talk about balance but you really do have to squint hard with both eyes and bend your mind backwards to defend or downplay TK's conduct here.

Statto

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on February 12, 2021, 10:26:07 AM
AM has some sort of teflon skin and has overseen a club going from middling PL club with occasional European nights to a yo-yo club that has had a lot of negative press - FFP failures, CK court fiasco, arrests at the training ground, claims of child endangerment and racism from ex youth players and so on. We've been promised more internal reports... It baffles me how he is still here.

Agreed. My I refer you to the topic I posted 4 years ago titled "Teflon"

AnOldBrownie

Not bothered.

I like his transfer moves since promotion.   And to be fair...Hector and Zambo were good signings too.

Tony doing Tony things.  :doh:

colinwhite

I dont know maybe I have a very simplistic view. The only reason I am on this thread at all is that it seems to me to that you have to look at the whole picture. Get rid of TK as DF but keep Shaid Khan as owner and chairman as he has done a lot for the club,is not really a realistic line of thinking if you ask me.Maybe Tony is the only reason the Khans own the club ,we dont know do we ?
Either way we have good owners. I am sure most fans agree with this sentiment,and would not want to lose them because some dont think Tony Khan is up to the job as DF. So i would like TK to succéed as DF and long may he flourish in this role because my simplistic feeling is that as long as he does so the Khans are likely to continually invest large amounts of their great fortune  in our club. 

Nero

If Parker wants this to be an Elite club can he do one and we can get an elite manager in, I don't mind TK yea hes a brash yank but since the summer fans have been going on about why didnt we sign another stirker we all knew we need one, he provides an answer and it why does he get involved why doesn't he just sit there and keep quiet.

If Parker had done his job properly we wouldnt be mentioned in the original tweet