watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

According to Pete Rutzler of the Athletic - Chalobah was a free transfer and Quina is a loan with no fee + an option to buy and we're just covering his wages

Holders

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2021, 11:02:01 PM
Sounds like a 1950s Cockney celebrity. Live on stage tonight, Tommy Trinder and Reggie Cannon...

Or Cannon and Ball...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2021, 09:00:57 AM
According to Pete Rutzler of the Athletic - Chalobah was a free transfer and Quina is a loan with no fee + an option to buy and we're just covering his wages

Odd because even our official announcement mentioned an "undisclosed fee" for Chalobah

bencher

I'm not doubting the info, but I am puzzled by it a bit. Apparently Chalobah had refused to sign a new contract and was training with under23s. Now it is said he was a free transfer. What on earth went wrong there? Quina clearly needs game time so that part is a bit more logical.

bencher

Quote from: Statto on September 02, 2021, 09:14:04 AM

Odd because even our official announcement mentioned an "undisclosed fee" for Chalobah

Maybe we sent round a few kits in less garish colours.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on September 02, 2021, 09:14:04 AM

We seem to be incredibly secretive when it comes to announcing the values that we bought/sold players for and I'm guessing it's just so that clubs don't know how much money we do/don't have? We did it for MLM too and that was later confirmed to be a free transfer so it wouldn't surprise me if it actually was a freebie and we covered it up. Either way if it is then that's great business to get a player of his quality for nothing

Fernhurst

Quote from: Classic94 on September 01, 2021, 08:18:52 AM
Chalobah and Quina are good pick ups. Our squad looks stupidly strong at this level.

I'm not too worried about the RB situation. Odoi, Sessegnon and Christie are still on the books, plus BDR and Reed can also play there if needed.

Make no bones about it as mangled Jamie often says on commentary opposition managers will attack down their left side all season until we get Tete back up to speed.
The ever improving Robinson is just too strong and quick on the other flank.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bencher

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 02, 2021, 12:01:41 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on September 01, 2021, 08:18:52 AM
Chalobah and Quina are good pick ups. Our squad looks stupidly strong at this level.

I'm not too worried about the RB situation. Odoi, Sessegnon and Christie are still on the books, plus BDR and Reed can also play there if needed.

Make no bones about it as mangled Jamie often says on commentary opposition managers will attack down their left side all season until we get Tete back up to speed.
The ever improving Robinson is just too strong and quick on the other flank.

I think that should be "make no doubt about it", as he always says.
But I agree, we will be targeted on that side relentlessly. Tosin and whoever is playing in the defensive midfield role will have a job to do to support the incumbent RB.

Jim©

I think you're all over-egging the RB situation as if we're playing Doris the Motspur Park tea-lady there.
I'd guess that our "cover" for that position would be on a par with first teamers for any other side.

If i was an opposition manager and saw what Millwall did to us for the last ten minutes of that game, I'd be heading in that direction, not targeting a perfectly good RB (with good defensive cover from the RW too).

Huxley

Agree. Odoi at championship level is a decent option. Rather have him there than at CB and he can be a big unconventional. He qas signed as a RB and got 1or 2 caps for Belgium. Happy he's not like Tete in terms of attacking as Wilson doesn't track back and he hasn't got the skill set that Tete has.

AJW48361

Someone mentioned a young Ch****a Right Back he went on loan to Blackpool.

itombomb

Re the Chalobah free tsf, just like the MLM/Seri deal with Nice was a fudge, I wouldn't be surprised with this either.

Chalobah recorded as a free, but then the option we've agreed for Quina is basically a fee for both of the,.

We Are Premier League

Any chance that we will pick up an unattached RB on a free? I assume that's still allowed outside the window? Andre Wisdom anyone?

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 08, 2021, 08:30:50 AM
Any chance that we will pick up an unattached RB on a free? I assume that's still allowed outside the window? Andre Wisdom anyone?

Whats the sense in that

Whitestone

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 08, 2021, 08:46:32 AM

Whats the sense in that

Tete's injury and the fact that Denis Odoi is the alternative unless the manager brings Christie back into contention.

WestSussexWhite

I'd rather play no one at right back than Andre Wisdom....

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on September 08, 2021, 08:50:33 AM

Whats the sense in that

Tete's injury and the fact that Denis Odoi is the alternative unless the manager brings Christie back into contention.

Odoi is perfectly decent cover. I'm very happy with that, the grass isn't always greener you know.

cmg

Christie was on the bench for Ireland last night, so somebody still loves him.

Finnans Right Peg

Whats the sense in that

Wasn't having a dig it was more a play on words because he wanted to sign wisdom and I said wheres the sense .Not that clever I guess if I have to explain it

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on September 08, 2021, 10:30:49 AM

Whats the sense in that

Odoi is perfectly decent cover. I'm very happy with that, the grass isn't always greener you know.
[/quo

Whats the sense in that

I think the grass is greener which is why Tete was signed as an upgrade. I realise that I have to tread carefully on here when the ability of Odoi and Ream is questioned. They are both true professionals and great servants of the club. However when they are played together our defence is significantly weaker. So far the defence hasn't been properly tested but it undoubtedly will be put under pressure and thats when the weaknesses of Odoi and Ream will be severely tested. The evidence is there to see. Just take the opening three games of last season as an example. We conceded ten goals. Odoi definitely isn't decent cover IMO. He's OK, that's all, which isn't good enough. The manager clearly thinks the same which is why we tried to recruit a right back when the club realised Tete's injury was long term. I have no doubt the opposition will target our right side, just as Stoke did in the last match because that is the weakest area as I see it.