watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro,,enough..

Started by ex-Pat, August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Let us see what happens at Millwall tonight, it's a different challenge and a physical challenge and we need to be up for it because if we are not we will be outmuscled as Millwall will be looking to get in our faces as many many teams will be doing the same and our days of being a soft touch have to be firmly locked away. This is where Mitro can excel and give them something to think about, because believe me Millwall think we are a soft touch and too lightweight, so we have to make sure they do not spoil the party.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Talk about different discussions going at tangents here there and every where!  For me:

Mitro -  has been a great player for us in the past
Was poor last season
Cant play in a team looking to counter against PL teams
Will score goals for us this season
Doesnt cope too well with being on the bench

Is he good enough for a Premier league side capable of staying in the division? probably not.
Is he capable of being the championships top scorer again this season ? Absolutely.

General

Quote from: colinwhite on August 17, 2021, 05:42:04 AM
Talk about different discussions going at tangents here there and every where!  For me:

Was poor last season

Is he good enough for a Premier league side capable of staying in the division? probably not.
Is he capable of being the championships top scorer again this season ? Absolutely.

I think he could play in a counter attacking role against prem teams..just not as the furthest player forward. In that style he'd be a player in the Bobby zamora mould, leading the line to hold the ball up and play in the faster attacking players. We've seen him do that countless times and his physicality at 26 could be competitive against a lot of premiership defenders if they were to try and man mark him.

Bracken White

I really couldn't disagree more. Who put Cavaleiro through for the fifth goal? Be very, very careful what you wish for ... this guy still can be potent & it appears that assistance in the forward line is on it's way.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

colinwhite

Quote from: General on August 17, 2021, 09:40:04 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 17, 2021, 05:42:04 AM

Was poor last season

I think he could play in a counter attacking role against prem teams..just not as the furthest player forward. In that style he'd be a player in the Bobby zamora mould, leading the line to hold the ball up and play in the faster attacking players. We've seen him do that countless times and his physicality at 26 could be competitive against a lot of premiership defenders if they were to try and man mark him.

In a top half PL (with better quality players)side he could maybe do that job ,but not in a side like we had last year.

filham

Tonight against Millwall will be tough. With Wilson absent who is most likely to score for us, Mitro of course who else.

General

Quote from: filham on August 17, 2021, 10:57:46 AM
Tonight against Millwall will be tough. With Wilson absent who is most likely to score for us, Mitro of course who else.

How do you figure that? Sounds like you're smitten with him.. he's played two games for us, has scored one, played 75 minutes of another without scoring and got a red card. After he got a red card the substitute scored 2 and three others got on the scoreboard. Don't get the most likely to score.

On evidence, albeit early this season, there are a lot of forward options who've proven they're just as likely to score.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2021, 09:29:49 AM
As is often the case, you've pursued it to the extent that you miss the point you're trying to reply to.

My point is I'd rather not enter into discussion with you. Apologies for not making it clear.

Quote from: Arthur on August 17, 2021, 04:25:35 AM
When the season ends and Mitrovic has his 45 goals and 45 assists, come back to me.

Ditto.

Twig

Can we end this stupid Mitro argument now?

General

Quote from: Twig on August 17, 2021, 07:49:29 PM
Can we end this stupid Mitro argument now?

Lol. And at the GK's near post. What were people talking about. Wonder whether they'll be considered smart at end of season or the opposite. 2 goals in three games so far though.

Andyb

2 goals in 3 games, get him out he's awful 🤣🤣🤣

_Putney_

Deeping_white

Can we just lock this thread now, it's aged worse than Katie Hopkins :005:

St Eve

Well I guess Mitro silenced a few people

Bracken White

Guess tonight's performance (Millwall) puts pay to this thread!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

sarvenpa

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 17, 2021, 08:40:44 PM

064.gif

sunburywhite

Quote from: Bracken White on August 17, 2021, 10:05:37 PM
Guess tonight's performance (Millwall) puts pay to this thread!

I doubt it, there are still plenty or "board and plankers" out there
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

Quote from: sarvenpa on August 17, 2021, 10:06:20 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 17, 2021, 08:40:44 PM

064.gif

Lol  0001.jpeg

junior white

Mitro looked very much like his old self last night, forget the goal what was more pleasing was the work rate. The ground he covered, the closing down, the willingness to run wide was all there which is what you nee din a one up top formation. None of that we saw last year for a variety of reasons i guess. It is good to see the old Mitro back thats for sure, if he keeps that up there is a 20 goal + season coming in for him.

When I look at last season, and I like many on this board had a go at his lack of effort, there was obviously something going on (hence his alleged transfer requests), it takes 2 to make these things happen so am sure there is blame on both sides. However, thats gone and now he is back he seems to be the Mitro we all know he can be, long may it continue.

rebel

Quote from: junior white on August 18, 2021, 07:55:07 AM
Mitro looked very much like his old self last night, forget the goal what was more pleasing was the work rate. The ground he covered, the closing down, the willingness to run wide was all there which is what you nee din a one up top formation. None of that we saw last year for a variety of reasons i guess. It is good to see the old Mitro back thats for sure, if he keeps that up there is a 20 goal + season coming in for him.

When I look at last season, and I like many on this board had a go at his lack of effort, there was obviously something going on (hence his alleged transfer requests), it takes 2 to make these things happen so am sure there is blame on both sides. However, thats gone and now he is back he seems to be the Mitro we all know he can be, long may it continue.

Agree, the body language and work rate was there. He was all over the pitch.