more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro,,enough..

Started by ex-Pat, August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: junior white on August 18, 2021, 07:55:07 AM
Mitro looked very much like his old self last night, forget the goal what was more pleasing was the work rate. The ground he covered, the closing down, the willingness to run wide was all there which is what you nee din a one up top formation. None of that we saw last year for a variety of reasons i guess. It is good to see the old Mitro back thats for sure, if he keeps that up there is a 20 goal + season coming in for him.

When I look at last season, and I like many on this board had a go at his lack of effort, there was obviously something going on (hence his alleged transfer requests), it takes 2 to make these things happen so am sure there is blame on both sides. However, thats gone and now he is back he seems to be the Mitro we all know he can be, long may it continue.
Well said, can't disagree with any of that, great performance last night!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

blingo

Oh dear ex-pat, Mitro scores AGAIN.

MartyFFC

The golden boot was never in doubt; he's a machine at this level

rebel

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 21, 2021, 05:04:09 PM

Can he keep it going after 8 matches, missed a very easy chance for a player of his quality. No one challenging, either side of the keeper he scores.
They are the frustrating moments.   

blingo

Quote from: rebel on August 21, 2021, 05:18:24 PM

Can he keep it going after 8 matches, missed a very easy chance for a player of his quality. No one challenging, either side of the keeper he scores.

No player scores with every shot they take Mr Rebel. Lets be happy he has scored in 3 of the 4 games he has plyed in and they have more importantly been the first goal of the match.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on August 21, 2021, 05:25:03 PM

No player scores with every shot they take Mr Rebel. Lets be happy he has scored in 3 of the 4 games he has plyed in and they have more importantly been the first goal of the match.

Mr. Blingo, your postman could have scored that. If that had been for Serbia he would have scored that.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on August 21, 2021, 05:32:48 PM
Quote from: blingo on August 21, 2021, 05:25:03 PM

Mr. Blingo, your postman could have scored that. If that had been for Serbia he would have scored that.

Lets be hppy we are winning and TOP of the table Mr Rebel. I am sure there is improvement still to come. Happy days \o/

St Eve

Don't tell me he scored again!

MartyFFC

36 games in, and Mitrovic is on 25 goals: 'let's see if he can do it in the last 10 games, he still looks off the pace'.......

Luka

This is Mitro time.
It's his level and and a level at which he excels.
Drink it up people.

Next season will be very different.

Whitestone

Mitro has got his mojo back which is a big relief. He is a beast that puts fear in Championship defences.

FFC1987

I'm sure he'll be disappointed at that header he missed today but great to see him back, scoring goals, putting a shift in and looking fitter by the day. Least if he is having an off day/string of games, he has support now in Muniz. It has been silly how we didn't create competition or some contribution in goals and nearly solely relied on him.

Twig

Ex pat hasn't been on to explain his expert opinion in the light of Mitro's recent performances.  However after today's game I will try to be balanced; he's got his eye for goal back, no question However some of his knock downs and passes are still going astray. Looks like he still lacks a bit of match sharpness, by which I don't mean fitness, rather the confidence and touch that comes from playing consistently.   
If he builds on his current ok performances then after three or four more matches he will be positively frightening.

Penfold

Mitro is rubbish, apparently. If only we had their great striker Kamara

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on August 17, 2021, 04:25:35 AM
When the season ends and Mitrovic has his 45 goals and 45 assists, come back to me.

Still on track

:005:

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2021, 08:41:15 PM
Quote from: Arthur on August 17, 2021, 04:25:35 AM
When the season ends and Mitrovic has his 45 goals and 45 assists, come back to me.

Still on track

:005:

To be fair, this is one of those scenarios where I wouldn't even care if I was this wrong!

SP

Had to laugh yesterday when some of the rather big boned Hull fans at the. Front were singing derogatory songs about Mitros build.  I'm not a fan of ear cupping but I think it was well deserved yesterday.

Bill2

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 10, 2021, 02:59:44 PM
He was dropped for half of last season and whenever he did play, he had literally zero service; owing to Parker's fixation with rolling the ball sideways in our own half. The season before he won the golden boot, and so I think it's a bit premature to be judging him after just one game under Silva. He'll get 20+ goals assuming he stays fit....
After 4 games this post is very much spot on. Thought he was excellent yesterday and every other side in the Championship would bite your hand off for him in their line up. Apart from scoring goals you need to look at what he does, occupy central defenders, he has an excellent touch when getting the ball and lays it off very well. After being ignored by Parker all of last season he is back to his best and with the way we are playing looks to be enjoying himself.

SP

5000+ views & still going strong, congratulations to the OP!

Lighthouse

Mitro clearly wasn't fit for much of last season. His movement and runs were poor. Yes he didn't exactly have glowing service but he didn't help himself.

Now he looks trimmer and his runs and pace are much better against poorer opposition. Great to have him back. But let's not delude ourselves that Parker didn't play him out of malice. Mitro simply wasn't very good when he did play last season.

I was ready to write him off this season but clearly he is back to leading the line and bullying defenders.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope