watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

England 6 v Iran 2 and we are looking as if we can score goals.
Also this evening USA v Wales in the same group with two Fulham players in each squad.
. Becoming interesting ? ?

demeant0r

Nope, not at all. First of all, it was against Iran. Second of all, it's still the same corrupt Qatar and FIFA as before the match.

WindyCity

Didn't see the game, what kind of crowd did they have?

Rupert

Quote from: WindyCity on November 21, 2022, 04:19:57 PM

People with painted faces, blowing horns, beating drums, the usual sort of thing. Why do you ask?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

WindyCity

Quote from: Rupert on November 21, 2022, 04:34:03 PM

People with painted faces, blowing horns, beating drums, the usual sort of thing. Why do you ask?

Just wondering if stadium was filled or if a lot of empty seats. 

davew

Looking forward more to the Wales game and watching some decent players (from Fulham of course). No interest whatsoever in watching the England prima donnas, though I have to confess I did tape the game and watch it at x12 playback speed (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: davew on November 21, 2022, 04:45:23 PM
Looking forward more to the Wales game and watching some decent players (from Fulham of course). No interest whatsoever in watching the England prima donnas, though I have to confess I did tape the game and watch it at x12 playback speed (lol).
I really do not get this  England "prima donnas"  a great crop of young players doing what they do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jarv

No.  Iran were barely 3rd division standard.  It was like a friendly behind closed doors.

St Eve

LOL

JimOG

Quote from: alfie on November 21, 2022, 04:49:47 PM
I really do not get this  England "prima donnas"  a great crop of young players doing what they do.

England have some real young talent in Saka and Bellingham and in Kane a man who can feed them some fantastic passes. But that back 4 is so suspect I can't see them making it to the latter stages

Whitestone

Quote from: WindyCity on November 21, 2022, 04:35:05 PM

Just wondering if stadium was filled or if a lot of empty seats. 

The tv commentator mentioned a crowd of 43,000 ish in a stadium with a capacity of 68,000.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: alfie on November 21, 2022, 04:49:47 PM

Same.

This is the most engaging, intelligent, eloquent and aware England squad I have ever known.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: jarv on November 21, 2022, 04:57:50 PM
No.  Iran were barely 3rd division standard.  It was like a friendly behind closed doors.

They are ranked 20 in the world and you can only beat what is in front of you.

Tempest

No, nothing changes after beating a poor team 6-2.

Will try to catch Brazil games as interested in how they play, Brazil v Serbia should be fun

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Whitestone

I understand that some have good reasons for not getting involved in this particular World Cup but what I don't get is the negativity towards the England football team, whilst the rest of the world seem to be able to passionately support their country. It's quite strange really.

Getting back to the game, England were magnificent, playing with some style and swagger and were on the front foot from the off. Definitely not the usual Southgate stuff. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the USA v Wales game later and keeping my fingers crossed for a USA win.

SP

These fans actually leave the ground earlier than they do at Brighton.

_Putney_

F(f)CUK

Fulham attack Vs Fulham defence tonight. What's not to like.

filham

Quote from: F(f)CUK on November 21, 2022, 06:15:09 PM
Fulham attack Vs Fulham defence tonight. What's not to like.
Yes, while I think really we have a duty to boycott this tournament England's six goals this afternoon did get me interested and now I am looking forward to watching Fulham players tonight in the Wales V USA match.
When England, USA, Wales and |Serbia are knocked out though, I think I will have the strength not to watch.

Kingjay81

FIFA are an awful organisation and Qatar have a disgusting culture but that's not gonna stop me from watching the greatest sporting event in the world!

Iran are absolutely crap but we were very, very good.. Bellingham and Saka are serious talents.

This team can beat anyone in the world on their day so with a bit of luck, who knows.