Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Entente (not very) Cordiale.

Nobby gets there as soon as he can.

SP

cmg

Quote from: SP on December 05, 2022, 07:14:01 PM
Brazil win a KDB style penalty.

Yes. Laughable. It's not as if they need that kind of help.

Southcoastffc

This game is why I watch some of the world cup. Glorious,  entertaining football.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

davew

Always enjoyed watching Brazil and tonight well it just endorses why!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 05, 2022, 07:38:43 PM
This game is why I watch some of the world cup. Glorious,  entertaining football.
+1!!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rightwhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 05, 2022, 07:38:43 PM
Brazil very much helped by some crap defending by Korea though. England could beat Brazil.

Twig

Brazil looked very good indeed against Championship standard defending. Not sure that the main reason I watch the WC is for such one sided stuff.

filham

Well we can see why Brazil are favourites, brilliant in attack and pretty tight in defence. South Korea took a lot of criticism for their defensive set up but they played some nice football and could have beaten a less capable team.

filham

The quarter final England v France on Saturday, can't miss that match. Have to admit to being totally hooked on this W.C. now

F(f)CUK

That was one of the best freekicks ever

filham

Holland looked beaten but resorting to fifteen minutes of old fashioned long ball has brought favourites Argentina to their knees and into extra time.
This WC certainlly is giving us plenty to talk about.

Plodder

What a brilliant free kick in the circumstances. Netherlands v Argentina has got me gripped.

SG

And some good old fashioned bundles between players 👍

filham

That match had about everything including a pack of yellow cards.
I wonder if Argentina's future opponents will make use of the fact that they were clearly uncomfortable against 15minutes of route 1 football.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Very "dramatic" match, but dull as ditchwater to watch for the first hour (apart from Messi in moments)

The quality and "exciting play" of the football in this tournament has been pretty bad in my opinion, luckily it has has had some very dramatic endings to games.
No real ebb and flow to matches in general.

2nd worse World Cup for me behind 2010 (been watching them since 82).

WindyCity

Glad to see Portugal, Brazil gone. If only the Dutch could have displaced Argentina.  Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad......

love4ffc

The defending from Morocco was really good.  They could have had a 3-0 scoreline if they could have done better with their breakaways. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WindyCity

I really don't like Messi/Argentina.  Been reading how they are whining and crying over the game and the ref, the fact they were drawn into extra time and PK's.  Bunch of babies.  And during their victory celebrations on the pitch made fun of and jeering remarks to the deflated Dutch side.  Really cringy.  Disgusting.  Really hope Croatia can beat them.