watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No more PKs by Mitro

Started by DadCreature, May 28, 2023, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 07:04:31 PMNothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut

Oh sorry, I was under the mistaken impression that this was a discussion forum.

blingo

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 28, 2023, 07:16:45 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 07:04:31 PMNothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut
Perfectly legitimate criticism.  Maybe you just to be slightly more tolerant of the fact that others can have an opinion of an in game incident, despite the fantastic season.

Why the constant moaning? You'll all be moaning if mitro goes to another club next season.

Palhinha Colada

Mitro consistently gives away the direction he's shooting very early (in relative terms from a keeper's standpoint). That's why the keeper almost never goes the wrong way. It's an extremely easy read in both directions, and makes Mitro's margin for error very small. He never gets away with a mediocre pen.

Either he needs coaching to fix the obvious tells, or he can't take them next season.

ChesterTheTabby

New season, new penalty taker. At the premier league level - these are free goals given the expected level of talent, and we've simply missed too many.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

TheRealMB

Andreas when he returns, perhaps Willian until then

Deeping_white

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 08:14:59 PM
Perfectly legitimate criticism.  Maybe you just to be slightly more tolerant of the fact that others can have an opinion of an in game incident, despite the fantastic season.

Why the constant moaning? You'll all be moaning if mitro goes to another club next season.

Mitro is a legend, this season has been legendary but he is naff at penalties, a fact cemented by the reality that he's become the first PL player in history to miss 4 penalties in one season. Love the fella to bits but he doesn't half advertise where he's going to kick it, and apart from the palace penalty I've never seen him properly smash one in which also doesn't help. It's not a huge criticism of him or the club but next season he shouldn't be taking them because the average conversion rate is 77% and his is 50% 

TheRealMB

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 28, 2023, 08:46:25 PM

Mitro is a legend, this season has been legendary but he is naff at penalties, a fact cemented by the reality that he's become the first PL player in history to miss 4 penalties in one season. Love the fella to bits but he doesn't half advertise where he's going to kick it, and apart from the palace penalty I've never seen him properly smash one in which also doesn't help. It's not a huge criticism of him or the club but next season he shouldn't be taking them because the average conversion rate is 77% and his is 50% 

Feels like a pretty fair post.  No one is saying Mitro is not our talisman.  But when you set a record for missed penalties seems a reasonable debate to have on a fan opinion forum.

blingo

Nothing like a bunch of old guys looking for something to moan about

3rdgenfan

Lukic is 4 from 4 but he likely won't start every match so can't have him as first choice

MickTheBeard

Their right he is not so good from a dead ball position i was better with a moving ball and with my head but I could not get it from a dead ball and even watching his Crystal Palace penalty it seemed arkward shot,everyone misses them kane and shearer did but an alternative is required.

HV71

This has to be put to bed and Mitro's ego has to be able to deal with it. He is a legend for us but it's time to step away from taking pens. Marco is strong enough

Blawarmy

De Gea never saves penalties. Fulhamish. 

Ruislip White

I don't want Mitro to leave, but can criticise his ability to take a penalty.  I guess that nuance is lost on you.  You'd rather rip into other Fulham fans than look at things objectively...

DadCreature

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 28, 2023, 09:43:06 PM

I don't want Mitro to leave, but can criticise his ability to take a penalty.  I guess that nuance is lost on you.  You'd rather rip into other Fulham fans than look at things objectively...
quite correct.  Season is over.  Time to focus on how we get better next season.

sunburywhite

I have said before that he opens his body too early and so telegraphs by a fraction of a second which way he is going
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

If I'm correct,had Mitro not missed 5 penalties this season his goal tally would have been 18 from 25 games.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 28, 2023, 10:52:11 PMIf I'm correct,had Mitro not missed 5 penalties this season his goal tally would have been 18 from 25 games.
He would have had 18, but he missed 4 penalties and scored 14 goals.

Ruislip White

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 28, 2023, 11:00:24 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 28, 2023, 10:52:11 PMIf I'm correct,had Mitro not missed 5 penalties this season his goal tally would have been 18 from 25 games.
Was discussing this today with another Fulham fan.  The silver lining with his penalty incompetence is that if he scored 18, other clubs would be in for him.  At 14, no one is interested and we keep him for another season.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 28, 2023, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on May 28, 2023, 11:00:24 PM
Was discussing this today with another Fulham fan.  The silver lining with his penalty incompetence is that if he scored 18, other clubs would be in for him.  At 14, no one is interested and we keep him for another season.
Maybe, but I think he would have stayed at Fulham regardless.

Interestingly enough, Mitro has more goals per 90 minutes than Toney, and if you look at non penalty goals he's even more ahead of him. Mitro's season has gone a bit under the radar, perhaps because it could have been even better (possibly a lot better) had he not been injured/suspended.

He should be off the penalties though.

Mr White

Why can't we moan his penalty's are crap,he's stuffed up both games against utd now.