watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No more PKs by Mitro

Started by DadCreature, May 28, 2023, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Of all the things Marco Silva has done for us within the space of two seasons he apparently has been neglectful in seeking to find a penalty taker according to the the fickle OP and those in agreement with its sentiment.  What a shameful bunch of ungrateful people you are.

The art of football and managing it is to have successful seasons as teams - whole units - and we live and die by the whole team and the whole squad and not just the bits we like to have a poke at assessing or criticising. Mitro has had better and worse seasons and it is what it is.

I am sure in the process of assessing what needs to be done when the coaching regime starts over again in a few weeks time penalty taking will have its place in the order of things at it always does and change will be consider as it always is without reference to this thread or any other thread.

Mitro is a professional and, just as he once did before the current manager arrived, he'll give way if he feels the need to even on the spur of the moment without fickle commentary from anywhere else. If there are ready made solutions in real time they are looked at professionally but it is seldom that easy to resolve problems like penalty takers as we have seen in the past and not just at FFC.

Finding fans with very short memories and attention spans is like shooting ducks at a fair.

Woolly Mammoth

As it is a simple game.
I feel i have a more simple explanation.
If a player has a history of missing penalties and is currently still missing penalties far more often than is acceptable.
Then he should be replaced. Especially as there are better alternatives in the team anyway.

If you were asked to choose a current Fulham player to take a penalty to save your life and you chose mitro, then you may have to expect a short life span.

There is nothing fickle about identifying that a player has had short comings over a period of time that is reducing Fulham's chances of obtaining results which the consequences are that the team are dropping points because of that player's shortcomings.

It does not matter if a player is the best player in the team, if he is missing penalties far too often which he is, then the manager selects another player.
If Mitro cannot or will not see that then he is being selfish at the expense of the team.

He clearly has a floor in his technique, and possibly a weakness in his mentality when he is preparing to take one.
Is he thinking too much, is he changing his mind, is he telegraphing where he is going to place the ball.
Assuming that he practices to try and improve his technique, he has not made any progress.

You don't have to be a so called expert to identify when a player whose ratio of converting penalty kicks is mediocre to make a judgement on his inability, any more than you don't have to go down a coal mine to find out it is dark inside.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on May 29, 2023, 10:35:05 PMJust shaking the Bush boss, just shaking the bush

Has anything or anyone of interest fallen out of this Bush, not a Shepherd i hope, or somebody called Kate, or even a Mulberry.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

The point I made is that if change was needed AND COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED then I am sure it would have been made a long time ago (the example I gave of when ANOther took the ball and stuck it on the spot and missed and was never forgiven for it).

Short memories are made of that and that was my comment.  Glad to make it clearer if need be. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on May 30, 2023, 07:28:07 AMThe point I made is that if change was needed AND COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED then I am sure it would have been made a long time ago (the example I gave of when ANOther took the ball and stuck it on the spot and missed and was never forgiven for it).

Short memories are made of that and that was my comment.  Glad to make it clearer if need be. 

Thank you.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on May 30, 2023, 07:28:07 AMThe point I made is that if change was needed AND COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED then I am sure it would have been made a long time ago (the example I gave of when ANOther took the ball and stuck it on the spot and missed and was never forgiven for it).

It's a fair point. Silva doesn't miss much and so it's probably fair to conclude that he just doesn't fancy the alternatives.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 30, 2023, 07:20:36 AM
Quote from: blingo on May 29, 2023, 10:35:05 PMJust shaking the Bush boss, just shaking the bush

Has anything or anyone of interest fallen out of this Bush, not a Shepherd i hope, or somebody called Kate, or even a Mulberry.

I think someone set fire to it.

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 07:04:31 PMNothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut

From a cup half-full perspective though Blingo, if the worst thing to moan about is the fact we don't have a consistent penalty-taker, I can put up with that, somewhat, minor critique, and call it a good season, mate.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Quote from: Logicalman on May 30, 2023, 11:47:00 AM
Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2023, 07:04:31 PMNothing like finding something to moan about after a fantastic season. Give yourselves an uppercut

From a cup half-full perspective though Blingo, if the worst thing to moan about is the fact we don't have a consistent penalty-taker, I can put up with that, somewhat, minor critique, and call it a good season, mate.

My whole point Mr Logical. We've had a great season. Let's celebrate and see what rabbits Marco pulls out of the hat. As far as I'm concerned, I don't want to criticise anyone in our squad, they have done brilliantly well in our first season back in the top flight. I can't wait to see who goes, who comes in and how we perform next season, but that is ALL down to MS and the Khans. If we finish higher next season than 10th I for one will be over the moon.