more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney’s pass to Lukic

Started by perry geyton, October 03, 2023, 05:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Sublime !!!

I've been saying it for a long time, I'm not sure how Perreira "who's been largely invisible this season" starts week in week out over him ?

TC's Sporran

marco is always gonna play one of his signings over someone elses. to reinforce his acumen with the owners dosh.

FFC1987

Quote from: perry geyton on October 03, 2023, 05:03:44 AMSublime !!!

I've been saying it for a long time, I'm not sure how Perreira "who's been largely invisible this season" starts week in week out over him ?

An argument I previously held in this regard was Pereria's press game was brilliant and much required for the way we play. I wouldn't say he's excelled at that this season so it might well be worth a change. I actually keep seeing more press from Iwobi every time I watch him.

_Putney_

Cairney is such a wonderfully creative player.  We will miss him greatly when he's gone.

Sammyffc

Because everytime tom starts he is crap or gets injured. He is great at coming on with 10/15 minutes left, thats it. he has proven that time and time again.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 03, 2023, 06:29:59 AMmarco is always gonna play one of his signings over someone elses. to reinforce his acumen with the owners dosh.

What on earth 😂

Sting of the North

Quote from: Sammyffc on October 03, 2023, 01:17:32 PM

Because everytime tom starts he is crap or gets injured. He is great at coming on with 10/15 minutes left, thats it. he has proven that time and time again.

Sure, you are o course correct that it is everytime... if we disregard the times when he isn't crap or gets injured.

perry geyton

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 03, 2023, 01:29:56 PM

Sure, you are o course correct that it is everytime... if we disregard the times when he isn't crap or gets injured.

Thanks Sting for responding cos I couldn't even deal with his utterly clueless response

ex-Pat

Cairney ,,give it up my left foot enough..

Sting of the North

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 03, 2023, 06:29:59 AMmarco is always gonna play one of his signings over someone elses. to reinforce his acumen with the owners dosh.

Well, I believe the best way for Marco Silva to ensure his own value is to win football matches. Thus, it would be utterly mad to play a weaker team just to play "his own" signings. More likely is that he believes playing Pereira over TC (for example) is that he believes it gives us a better chance to win. There would after all have been a reason that he wanted to buy said player in the first place.

Sammyffc

Which other performance this season or last season would you say he deserved to start ahead of Andreas? He literally made a pass last night.

Data wise, there is not a single stat where Tom is better than Andreas, at anything at all in their premier league games.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 03, 2023, 01:49:58 PM

Well, I believe the best way for Marco Silva to ensure his own value is to win football matches. Thus, it would be utterly mad to play a weaker team just to play "his own" signings. More likely is that he believes playing Pereira over TC (for example) is that he believes it gives us a better chance to win. There would after all have been a reason that he wanted to buy said player in the first place.

i cant believe people are naive enough to think that managers play existing players ahead of their signings. this makes their nous in the transfer market look suspect.    it happens everywhere. always has done.
imagine if marco had to convince khan that pereira was worthy of splashing 10 million. hes not gonna then bench him if tc upstages him? it'll make marco look daft and not to be trusted in the transfer market. playing pereira (or any other signin ensures he doesnt gets upstaged and allows him to improve and gel with the side.

TC was a victim of this same thing when he got injured at Hull under Steve Bruce. His replacements - two lesser players Meyler and Quinn stood in for him whilst injured and once back to fitness they kept their places. They were more like pereira less quality and more the battling type.

TC had to move on to Blackburn where largely played out of position on the wing he got player of the season.

pereira is a signing to largely replace tc. cost 10 million. one game he took him off at half time and tc came on and got MOM. yet next game tc was on the bench and came on with 20 mins to go.  i think tc once replaced him with only 20 odd minutes to go and still got man of the match?

either way, its human nature. anything new is better.  imagine what an owner thinks if his manager signs players to improve the squad only for them to sit on the bench.
and that is the bottom line. ive seen it with other managers at other clubs so many times. where the fans have gone mental with the manager who insists on playing his new signing(s) over and over again despite poor performances and previous fans favourites warming the bench.

RLC started games here despite sometimes woeful performances?  i dont think many fans here would have picked him to start.
if the new signing is woeful then the manager has to bite the bullet and admit to the owner he got it wrong. getting it wrong too often destroys owners faith in managers ability to sign the players they want.

and sometimes managers want to sign players more than they want to win matches. often throwing players to the lions (playing out of position or whilst carrying a niggle) to highlight  the need to bolster the squad.  warnock was a past master at this with his carefully worded comments in post match interviews.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Sammyffc on October 03, 2023, 02:47:07 PM

Which other performance this season or last season would you say he deserved to start ahead of Andreas? He literally made a pass last night.

Data wise, there is not a single stat where Tom is better than Andreas, at anything at all in their premier league games.

seriously? you cant like him much. man city last season many claimed on here he was the best player on the pitch.  he keeps possession, rarely loses the ball or gives it away. i saw pereira give the ball away 3 times in a 2 minute spell in game last season. more than tc does in 90 minutes. (not that he plays 90 mins often)  and what about the times when tc comes on with half an hour to go and  gets man of the match?
everyone has different opinions. especially with tc. his lack of tackling and willingness to get stuck in is obviously a massive detriment to his game but in these days of almost non contact football if played the number 10 its not too big a loss. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: Sammyffc on October 03, 2023, 02:47:07 PM

Your question may have been relevant if I had stated that TC should play in place of Pereira based on data. But I didn't. I didn't even state that he should play. I merely suggested that TC hasn't been crap or gotten injured in every start he has made. Examples can be Man Utd last year, Crystal Palace last year which were two games in which he was excellent, in my opinion. He also did good in the cup last year. But he started very few games, so not sure how you reached your balanced opinion.

I haven't checked the stats, but is Pereira's passing percentage, passes per 90 minutes and turnovers actually better than TC's? That would surprise me, but my eyes may of course be deceiving me, it happens all the time. I also guess that stats are not good at tracking whether a player makes himself available for passes from the defenders, and also the ability to actually receive the ball securely. That is a very serious shortcoming from all three of our regular midfield starters, which limits us a lot. In my opinion, based on my eyes. Stats may say otherwise, and would be happy to see it.

If you wish to continue this discussion it would be appreciated from my side if you at least tried to discuss in good faith.

Thank you and good evening.

Sting of the North

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 03, 2023, 03:21:03 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 03, 2023, 01:49:58 PM

i cant believe people are naive enough to think that managers play existing players ahead of their signings. this makes their nous in the transfer market look suspect.    it happens everywhere. always has done.
imagine if marco had to convince khan that pereira was worthy of splashing 10 million. hes not gonna then bench him if tc upstages him? it'll make marco look daft and not to be trusted in the transfer market. playing pereira (or any other signin ensures he doesnt gets upstaged and allows him to improve and gel with the side.

TC was a victim of this same thing when he got injured at Hull under Steve Bruce. His replacements - two lesser players Meyler and Quinn stood in for him whilst injured and once back to fitness they kept their places. They were more like pereira less quality and more the battling type.

TC had to move on to Blackburn where largely played out of position on the wing he got player of the season.

pereira is a signing to largely replace tc. cost 10 million. one game he took him off at half time and tc came on and got MOM. yet next game tc was on the bench and came on with 20 mins to go.  i think tc once replaced him with only 20 odd minutes to go and still got man of the match?

either way, its human nature. anything new is better.  imagine what an owner thinks if his manager signs players to improve the squad only for them to sit on the bench.
and that is the bottom line. ive seen it with other managers at other clubs so many times. where the fans have gone mental with the manager who insists on playing his new signing(s) over and over again despite poor performances and previous fans favourites warming the bench.

RLC started games here despite sometimes woeful performances?  i dont think many fans here would have picked him to start.
if the new signing is woeful then the manager has to bite the bullet and admit to the owner he got it wrong. getting it wrong too often destroys owners faith in managers ability to sign the players they want.

and sometimes managers want to sign players more than they want to win matches. often throwing players to the lions (playing out of position or whilst carrying a niggle) to highlight  the need to bolster the squad.  warnock was a past master at this with his carefully worded comments in post match interviews.

Or, the managers prefer other players because they want to win games. Also entirely possible.

If you lose games all te time you won't get to buy new players because you will be out of a job.

Nick Bateman

Was typical Tom Cairney the "Glenn Hoddle" of Fulham. A long time servant of this club is the playmaker we need but is sometimes overlooked to the likes of headless DeCordova-Reid. Lukic is also not good enough for the first team and should have scored.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 03, 2023, 09:09:45 AM

An argument I previously held in this regard was Pereria's press game was brilliant and much required for the way we play. I wouldn't say he's excelled at that this season so it might well be worth a change. I actually keep seeing more press from Iwobi every time I watch him.

Yeah it's this.

AP started last season excellently in pressing. His urgency and commitment to pressing was superb..

Plus his dead ball delivery is wonderful.

But yeah, he's definitely not hit the same heights and doesn't have the same ability/intelligence that TC does to make the best decisions in possession.

perry geyton

Quote from: ex-Pat on October 03, 2023, 01:49:14 PMCairney ,,give it up my left foot enough..
Ex Prat
Another consistent Cairney hater..

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 03, 2023, 03:56:48 PM

Was typical Tom Cairney the "Glenn Hoddle" of Fulham. A long time servant of this club is the playmaker we need but is sometimes overlooked to the likes of headless DeCordova-Reid. Lukic is also not good enough for the first team and should have scored.
BDR's been brilliant versatile and done such a job in so many positions our current Odoi in many ways so can't knock him cos he gives a 100% always

Perreira on the other hand at 40 minutes last night I had to double check the team sheet to see if he was playing !!! I'm not joking

When TC came on the pitch we were a different team, yeah he's older, yeah he's more vulnerable to getting injured, yeah he's left footed but yeah he has more quality ten fold

perry geyton

Now waiting on Bongo to harp in with his 2 cents worth on how crap Cairney is