News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustino

Hey everyone,

I'm Augustino from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Being from Canada i've had very little exposure to european football as a child. After the World Cup in Korea i became obsessed with soccer (esp. Italian and Hungarian - my nationalities).

My favourite player was Zoltan Gera who had made a name from himself as far back as his days at Ferencvaros in Hungary. I supported west brom because of him, but paid very little attention to english football.

When west brom was being promoted i decided i would pay more attention, but Gera was picked up by Fulham. I had no idea who fulham were, nor did i know much about english football (then).

Fast forward to today: I've watched nearly every Fulham match in the past two seasons, i own the 09/10 jersey, a scarf, etc. I'm a huge fan of the club and english football.

Its a great time to be a Fulham supporter, and I couldn't be happier to be supporting a club that shows nothing but discipline, class, and respect. from ownership to management to the players on the field I love the club.

Don't pick on me for only being a fan for a couple years ! hahaha
I know it isn't the ideal reason to support a club, but give me a break i'm from Canada and all we've got is the MLS.... sigh.

Cheers
Augustino

Logicalman

Welcome Jimbobob and Augustino.

Augustino, it may surprise you but I do know a little of Hamilton, as in driving through and into, and have an old friend still living there. Seems a nice place.

LBNo11

..welcome to the community Jimbob and Augustino, I hope you enjoy the facilities, we have a chat-room as well as a feature called Fulham Space. How long you have been a fan is not important - the fact that you saw the light is the main thing, and if you don't understand anything just say...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

McBridefan1

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 03, 2010, 06:35:57 PM
..welcome to the community Jimbob and Augustino, I hope you enjoy the facilities, we have a chat-room as well as a feature called Fulham Space. How long you have been a fan is not important - the fact that you saw the light is the main thing, and if you don't understand anything just say...

Just say what? What's he supposed to say? Is there a secret word some sort of secret club that requires a password then all spoken English English becomes clear??? I've got to get my hands on that magic word. :dft012: Sadly I've spent so much time with you lot I do understand most everything, even the stuff that Nogood boyo says. :dft012:

Steve_orino

I thought nobody understood NoGood's posts except his sign-offs and that's why we loved them so much...silly me.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Augustino

Logicalman:
Glad to hear you have heard of us over here!
Its a nice place to live, situated between the big city (toronto) and my little hometown in southern niagara....
:)

robert

Fulham supporter,50 years old,London born and bred but now living in Petersburg,Russia for good.Returned yesterday from Hamburg-This really was my best ever Fulham experience leaving me proud and happy.Also good to see so many FFC fans of my own age and even older!
Even liked the many foreigners I met especially an exiled Polish now in London,a FFC supporter sitting next to me.A Coach driver he said.If you know him please get him to contact me.
Finally,thanks all FFC fans there-You added value to the excellent day!

Kiwi Fulham Fan

1) What country and city/town are you from?

Born and Raised in Auckland New Zealand and still living here

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?

I came to London in 99 for a 2 year working holiday, and lived an Hammersmith for majority of the time. My friend worked at The Royal George on Charing Cross and i spent alot of time there and met a lovely young girl who was working there at the time who happened to be a Fulham Fan, me never heard of them and wasnt really keen on supporting a 1st division team at the time, but my ex girlfriend persisted and told me about the history, the Al-Fayed movement and how the club was on the up and up. Went to a few games 10 quid was the price back then :) and just loved it and been loyal ever since, especially the 00-01 season was great

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?

When i first arrived i was living in Kennington Walworth rd end, and got roped into watching Arsenal games  (the shame of it)  but no love was there, and that girl i met broaden my horizons and changed everything

i support 2 rugby teams The Auckland Blues and All Blacks and 1 Rugby League Team South Sydney Rabbitohs (Russell Crowe owns that team)
[/quote]

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

McBridefan1

Bird, Fruit and nationality all rolled up into one... gotta love those kiwi's

mhatc

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM
...many of us Brits know each other and know why we became or were born Fulham fans, but what about all you guys around the globe!

So:-

1. I'm from from the US. Originally from Marion, Ohio, I now live in East Stroudsburg, PA while completing a 2nd master's degree.

2. I needed a Premier League team and picked the one with Dempsey and other Americans. I think the Spurs game in 07/08 brought me in with Kamara's overhead kick.

3. I supported Inter, and sort of still do. Also the Columbus Crew who I saw clinch their first MLS cup birth in 08.

My name is Bill.

Edit: I'm moving to Davidson, NC in August.

McBridefan1

1)

1. I'm from from the US. Originally from Marion, Ohio, I now live in East Stroudsburg, PA while completing a 2nd master's degree.

[/quote]

Wow that's the definition of  a lateral move?

Ichabod Magoo

Greetings.  I'm from Boston (U.S.), not Lincolnshire.  I started following Fulham a while ago, can't exactly put my finger on when but some time around when they had to use Loftus Road.  It wasn't exactly a conscientious decision, but more of an osmosis.  I guess when I realized that emotions were generated both good and bad by the goings on of the club is when I morphed into a Fulham follower.

The struggle to avoid relegation when Roy came aboard 3 years ago was one of the more thrilling scenarios I've ever been a part of as a fan.  To have an emotional stake in that was tremendous.  I probably would not feel that way if they had been relegated, but I don't have to worry about that now.  :021:

I also closely follow the Bundesliga so I'll keep my eye out for any activity here for fans of a similar bent (not Darren).

In closing, it's great to be here and hopefully Roy has a strong distaste for scousers.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

MissMyFulham

Morning  :58:

I have just found this message board through the FFC sites board and thought I would start here.

I am originally from Basingstoke, UK and after living there some 34 years of my life, we decided to emigrate to Vancouver Island Canada. 

I started to support Fulham when my 2nd cousin moved from Gillingham to Fulham.  I was watching him/Fulham in 1997 when pregnant with my daughter.  We came to every home game and I was hoping for the Season ticket.......however!...after having my daughter Megan (now 12) my Husband was the one to get the season ticket and I was at home with her - whats that all about!.  Luckily I soon got my head out of my butt and insisted on returning to the cottage where we supported, Coleman through his accident, Paul Bracewell through his management, tigana, Sanchez, Keagan, Coleman, and Hodgson (hope I haven't missed any).  After my Cousin left, I preferred to stay with Fulham as I'd grown to love the team/ground.  I remember the promotion game in, think it was 97/98, like no other - proud as punch.  I also remember the relegation battle, my kids making signs saying "come on fulham you can do it" and Danny Murphy pointing at my Daughter and clapping - made her day! 

I loved the end of season dinner when Boa Morte was playing for us where I set my table alight ahhhh just when you want to act posh and all! hahahha  Meeting Maurice Cook, Jimmy Hill and Chris Coleman.  Players were there too and had pictures taken etc.  Although I did want to kick one player for being so arrogant (Andy Cole).   I have many many fabulous experiences at the cottage and we miss it terribly. 

We feel like the best season for Fulham was when we left (trying to tell us something  :doh:).  We watched closely on the net/tv (it was all Liverpool over here though boooo) and I updated my husband at work with the scores - it was a great ride watching the final and we deserved to win it...but we wished we'd have been in the UK to experience it "proper". Upon a recent visit back to the UK in May, I tried to organise a trip inside the ground but as it was shut (off season) it wasn't to be.  So we stocked up in the club shop instead:).  I have named my house here in Cowichan Bay, Craven Cottage and we have the Metal street sign to endorse it hahah.  All our canadian friends ask about it and we'll duly fill them in :)

My husband was a Man Poo supporter but I hated them....I did have a spell of following Teddy Sheringham/TH in the early 90's...but it was short lived hahah (THANKFULLY).

COME ON YOU WHITES !   :clap_hands:

Natalie

LBNo11

...thanks for that MissMyFulham, it is always good to read what Fulham means to people, and this MB helps to help bring people together from around the world and talk about Fulham (without abuse!).

Hope you post again...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

YankeeJim

Welcome Natalie. Nice to know someone else will be up at 4AM for those Sunday noon matches.
Just a tip. Make the coffee the night before, set the timer and cheer quietly so as to keep that domestic tranquility.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

GoldCoastWhite

Welcome aboard Natalie and please don't be a stranger. I'd love to visit your part of the world one day. I went out with a girl from BC many years ago and her family are living near Herriot Bay on Quadra Island. Spectacular part of a beautiful country.

MissMyFulham

GoldCoastWhite / YankeeJim / LBNo11

Thank you for the welcome  :038:, I really appreciate it.

Yep I loves my Fulham!.....I'll have to take a picture of my house (with my sign hahah) and post it as my picture on here, it looks qiute at home!  My son and daughter are staunch Fulham supporters as much as me and my husband.  My son always has something Fulham on hahah, either shirt, socks or shorts and he has the huge Fulham St. George Flag up in his room permanently. 

We all loved it when Fulham were doing so well in the Europa, but my son especially.  He went into school with a signed shirt that we arranged for him before we left and showed all his class mates and explained our journey to the final.  When he started to get crap from some of the other boys in the class who support the only teams they know - Chelsea/Arsenal and Man Poo - he quickly retorted......sorry, I don't believe you are in this cup anymore are you?.....I cracked up. 

It is hard being so far away and not being able to pop to the spotted horse, the Crabtree for a pint and then have a burger in the park and a plastic Heineken in the ground.   Listen to the Diddy Hamilton announcements or wave at Billy the Badger and Mo hahaha. 

The club is so much more than footie - I just love it.  I remember standing in the Hammy end and singing my heart out - when the kids started coming it was seated. 

One thing that always makes me laugh is an Aston Villa game where we could only get tickets for the "mixed end" hahah - there was all 4 of us and we were right next to a bunch of AV lads.  They were screaming all the way through the match and we were all over them.  They were pretty loud and my daugther must have only been 9/10.  When we scored my daughter turned around looked at them and screamed HA HA IN YOUR FACE hahah - I must have shrunk in my seat - I quickly grabbed her and told her to zip it but secretly I was thinking (yeah good on ya!) hahah.  The mans face wasn't impressed but he didn't have anything to say either hahah.  We then had to explain about the "manners" of footie (or the ones we have at CC anyway!).

She's still the same now - Megs found out her Canadian teacher was a Liverpool supporter and one day he played the last bit of their last Europa match as some kind of lesson (so he could watch it hahah).  Megs went in on the day of the final all kitted out in her Fulham stuff (just to rub it in) and they both sat at lunch break and watched what they could of the match hahah (great teacher eh!) - she didn't get to see all of it - but he did pop into her other lesson and tell her the result (with a smile no doubt). 

My son - he was allowed the day off school as my husband said "if we win Nat, its like the biggest moment in Fulhams history and I want my son to remember it for being able to see it - rather than having been at school that day - I can be a cool dad for one day! hahaha).  Saddo.

Anyway I am waffling but I have so many great memories and I hope to get more in the future.  Next time we plan a trip home it will be during the footie season thats for sure!

:048:
Nats

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MissMyFulham on July 21, 2010, 03:55:43 PM
Morning  :58:

I have just found this message board through the FFC sites board and thought I would start here.

I am originally from Basingstoke, UK and after living there some 34 years of my life, we decided to emigrate to Vancouver Island Canada. 

?
I started to support Fulham when my 2nd cousin moved from Gillingham to Fulham.  I was watching him/Fulham in 1997 when pregnant with my daughter.  We came to every home game and I was hoping for the Season ticket.......however!...after having my daughter Megan (now 12) my Husband was the one to get the season ticket and I was at home with her - whats that all about!.  Luckily I soon got my head out of my butt and insisted on returning to the cottage where we supported, Coleman through his accident, Paul Bracewell through his management, tigana, Sanchez, Keagan, Coleman, and Hodgson (hope I haven't missed any).  After my Cousin left, I preferred to stay with Fulham as I'd grown to love the team/ground.  I remember the promotion game in, think it was 97/98, like no other - proud as punch.  I also remember the relegation battle, my kids making signs saying "come on fulham you can do it" and Danny Murphy pointing at my Daughter and clapping - made her day! 

I loved the end of season dinner when Boa Morte was playing for us where I set my table alight ahhhh just when you want to act posh and all! hahahha  Meeting Maurice Cook, Jimmy Hill and Chris Coleman.  Players were there too and had pictures taken etc.  Although I did want to kick one player for being so arrogant (Andy Cole).   I have many many fabulous experiences at the cottage and we miss it terribly. 

We feel like the best season for Fulham was when we left (trying to tell us something  :doh:).  We watched closely on the net/tv (it was all Liverpool over here though boooo) and I updated my husband at work with the scores - it was a great ride watching the final and we deserved to win it...but we wished we'd have been in the UK to experience it "proper". Upon a recent visit back to the UK in May, I tried to organise a trip inside the ground but as it was shut (off season) it wasn't to be.  So we stocked up in the club shop instead:).  I have named my house here in Cowichan Bay, Craven Cottage and we have the Metal street sign to endorse it hahah.  All our canadian friends ask about it and we'll duly fill them in :)

My husband was a Man Poo supporter but I hated them....I did have a spell of following Teddy Sheringham/TH in the early 90's...but it was short lived hahah (THANKFULLY).

COME ON YOU WHITES !   :clap_hands:

Natalie
Whose your second cousin then? (oops sorry welcome aboard). Cullip, Chippy, Freeman?