News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissMyFulham

Neil Smith :)

Ichabod Magoo

Nats - You are a great story teller.  Keep them coming.  Cheers!
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

MissMyFulham

Thanks Ichabod Magoo (love that name!)........don't think I should hijack this "welcome thread" any longer... :010:

HatterDon

Hi Natalie,

It took me a while to reply to your introduction. It's wonderful having you on the FofF board. If you're ever in South Texas, give me a shout. I know where they keep the Fullers ESB around these parts!  :beer:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MissMyFulham

Thanks HatterDon.  I will defo be giving you a shout if round your way :)

Nats

slow05

I am from Sacramento California.  I became a fan of Fulham, like many American fans, because of Brian McBride and the other American players on the team over the last 10 years or so. As American I found it easier to follow the EPL than most of the other European leagues.  I followed Fulham just to see how the American players were doing and eventually became a fan of the club itself.  I would say I really became a fan durring the " Great Escape".  It is not always easy for me to see many games because I work on Saturday mornings hear in California, when many EPL games are played, I do follow the games on Match tracks or at least read and find highlights after work.   I hope to be able to make a trip to London to see a game myself some time in the next few years.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: slow05 on August 29, 2010, 07:12:00 AM
I am from Sacramento California.  I became a fan of Fulham, like many American fans, because of Brian McBride and the other American players on the team over the last 10 years or so. As American I found it easier to follow the EPL than most of the other European leagues.  I followed Fulham just to see how the American players were doing and eventually became a fan of the club itself.  I would say I really became a fan durring the " Great Escape".  It is not always easy for me to see many games because I work on Saturday mornings hear in California, when many EPL games are played, I do follow the games on Match tracks or at least read and find highlights after work.   I hope to be able to make a trip to London to see a game myself some time in the next few years.
Be prepared Slow, it's a powerful addiction and if you make it to The Cottage there's no turning back. FTID !!!

Steve_orino

Quote from: slow05 on August 29, 2010, 07:12:00 AM
Welcome slow!  Glad you signed up...don't forget to contribute...the more the merrier!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

LBNo11

...thank you for your contribution Slow05, a most enjoyable read. No matter how long you have supported Fulham FC everyone has their part to play - like friends, new are silver, old are gold, but both are precious...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDaddy

Welcome slow05,

Please lets us no when you do come over the water im sure a few of the fofers will be glad to show you around and take the match in just to add to the experiance.Look forward from hearing you views on the message board.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BigDaddyAt

Born and raised outside the capital, Washington, DC.  Always had an interest in the game, although never really locking onto any one team.  I did always hate ManU for some reason or another.  I was a student at Univ. of Maryland, and now resident of Virginia.

I took to playing in an "old fat guys league" in the evenings, and soon found an online soccer game which I became keenly interested in.  Ultimately, I met a lot of great guys through that, one happened to be a lifelong Fulham supporter, and after many discussions I was interested.  The English game always seemed more interesting to me, so it was easy to jump in.  After seeing them avoid relegation at the end of the '07-'08 season, and then gain 7th place the following year, I was intrigued.  After following the Europa campaign, I was hooked for good!

HatterDon

Quote from: BigDaddyAt on September 13, 2010, 06:00:17 PM
Born and raised outside the capital, Washington, DC.  Always had an interest in the game, although never really locking onto any one team.  I did always hate ManU for some reason or another.  I was a student at Univ. of Maryland, and now resident of Virginia.

I took to playing in an "old fat guys league" in the evenings, and soon found an online soccer game which I became keenly interested in.  Ultimately, I met a lot of great guys through that, one happened to be a lifelong Fulham supporter, and after many discussions I was interested.  The English game always seemed more interesting to me, so it was easy to jump in.  After seeing them avoid relegation at the end of the '07-'08 season, and then gain 7th place the following year, I was intrigued.  After following the Europa campaign, I was hooked for good!

Welcome to the site, Mr. BigDaddyAt. If I'm not mistaken you're the THIRD Terp in this here zoo. Although I'm a Texan, I'm a Maryland graduate. Where in VA are you? [I used to live there too].

BigDaddyAt

Quote from: HatterDon on September 13, 2010, 11:44:15 PM
Welcome to the site, Mr. BigDaddyAt. If I'm not mistaken you're the THIRD Terp in this here zoo. Although I'm a Texan, I'm a Maryland graduate. Where in VA are you? [I used to live there too].

Just outside of Fredericksburg, VA... thanks for the welcome

HatterDon

Quote from: BigDaddyAt on September 14, 2010, 05:28:14 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 13, 2010, 11:44:15 PM

Just outside of Fredericksburg, VA... thanks for the welcome

That's a beautiful part of the country. I lived in Anne Arundel County while in Maryland, and in Hampton while in Virginia -- not so beautiful but okay. BTW the other Terp here is PaulUMD if you want to check him out.

YankeeJim

Actually, the fourth Terp. I didn't attend U of M but did go to HS in southern MD and graduated from St Mary's College of Maryland oh so many years ago.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LBNo11

...Welcome BigDaddyAt to this friendly menagerie. The life-long supporter you refer to must be Airfix, and his enthusiasm for our 'little' club with big fans must have hooked you. Good to have you on board.

Regrettably I am not a Terp, more of a twerp, not making any educational progress other than surviving a British Secondary Modern school - my only qualification for the job as a Mod on here is that I look like a 'bouncer' (doorman).

Enjoy the journey...

BigDaddyAt

Quote from: HatterDon on September 14, 2010, 08:28:19 PM
That's a beautiful part of the country. I lived in Anne Arundel County while in Maryland, and in Hampton while in Virginia -- not so beautiful but okay. BTW the other Terp here is PaulUMD if you want to check him out.

Funny, I lived in Annapolis (and worked at the TGI Friday's there) during my college years.  Most of my wife's family still live around there.

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 15, 2010, 03:03:57 PM
Actually, the fourth Trep. I didn't attend U of M but did go to HS in sourthern MD and graduated from St Mary's College of Maryland oh so many years ago.

Where in Southern MD Jim?  I lived in Calvert for most of my life before moving to VA a few years ago (save the time in Annapolis during college).  I graduated from Northern HS there.

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 15, 2010, 03:45:10 PM
...Welcome BigDaddyAt to this friendly menagerie. The life-long supporter you refer to must be Airfix, and his enthusiasm for our 'little' club with big fans must have hooked you. Good to have you on board.

Hehe, funny that you guessed it so easily :)   His reputation precedes him I guess...that and the ringing eardrums from when he would pound the drum...

LBNo11

...I think the ringing from HIS ear-drums came from my loud singing - "like a bleedin' VC10 takin' off".. :011:

YankeeJim

BugDaddyAt,

My pop retired from the navy while at Pax River Naval Air Station. We lived in several places in St Mary's County  & I use to sail my O'Day round about Point Lookout & sometimes over to Solomons for crabs. I came back to California in 1979 & have been here ever since.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LBNo11

...Bienvenue sur notre site Web fulhamwannabe, si vous cherchez l'inspiration pour vous faire tomber en amour avec Fulham, puis de lire les autres postes dans ce fil de autres fans du monde entier.

Je pense que nous sommes spéciaux, mais vous devez passer à l'amour, Fulham, et je suis sûr que Rafik Halliche joue maintenant pour Fulham vous aider dans votre choix de club de Premiership.

Allez les Blancs...