watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank you Martin Jol

Started by finnster01, September 17, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

We are right now officially bottom of the table.

Congratulation on a wonderful achievement  :doh: Why don't you do the right thing again and  093.gif ?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Lets give him more than 4 games to prove himself.

Too early to start panicking, and no need for knee-jerk reactions at the moment.

I daresay you may well be right Mr Finn, but lets give him a chance...

manxman

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2011, 04:14:53 PM

Too early to start panicking, and no need for knee-jerk reactions at the moment.

+1
We just need time to play jol's style of football, it will come over time though - be patient.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

finnster01

Quote from: manxman on September 17, 2011, 04:16:29 PM

+1
We just need time to play jol's style of football, it will come over time though - be patient.

And while we are at it, why don't we ask Danny Murphy to play like Messi too? We do not have the players to play Jol football and everyone except Jol accepts it and adjust. Jol is too stubborn. He'll never change.   079.gif

Jack Fulham

I think once the players adapt to the new formation, we will start winning, how many game that will take is the question though, we can't really afford adaptation time.

MJG

And to think some people thought we could be in a really good position with the start we had, top four after eight games or something like that.

Burt

That was never on with a new manager and new faces and new tactics.

Keep calm and be realistic...

manxman

Quote from: finnster01 on September 17, 2011, 04:22:26 PM
Quote from: manxman on September 17, 2011, 04:16:29 PM

+1

And while we are at it, why don't we ask Danny Murphy to play like Messi too? We do not have the players to play Jol football and everyone except Jol accepts it and adjust. Jol is too stubborn. He'll never change.   079.gif

I agree with you about murphy, but thats a different topic! ha, i believe things will turn around and jol is the man to do this.

okay so if we sack jol now, who will replace him? dave jones? Avram grant? at this point jol is the best we have got. So we might aswell support him and our team. we were bottom at christmas under hughes and he took us up to 8th, we have enough good players to stay up .
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Mr_Moon

Admin

I'm sorry but in my eyes Martin Jol is NOT the man to take Fulham forward. I've had a bad feeling about this guy since he joined and I've not warmed to him what so ever. The cheeky smile won't save him for much longer and I can see him being sacked if results don't start improving. I like the way people say "Give the guy time" or "Let the players adapt to his style of football" what style? There isn't one and the guy hasn't got a clue.

Most of our players are running around like headless chickens and for a guy to break up one of the best ever defensive pairings we've had is absolute maddness in my eyes. Jol has been out of the Premiership far to long to suddnely come back and try experimenting. If both Swansea, Norwich and QPHAH win today and we lose to Citeh tomorrow, which we will, things will not look to rosey.

ElissonSnygg

If Jol isnt improving i'd love too see Martin O'Neill in Fulham!
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Admin

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on September 17, 2011, 04:45:48 PM

Christ, don't let the Fulham faithful hear you say that, they'll have you strung up!! But.. if you want results MON is the man.

Burt

Quote from: Admin on September 17, 2011, 04:56:20 PM
Quote from: ElissonSnygg on September 17, 2011, 04:45:48 PM

Christ, don't let the Fulham faithful hear you say that, they'll have you strung up!! But.. if you want results MON is the man.

MON talks a good talk. But his only real success has either been in Scotland, or the lower divisions in England. I really don't think he would be a better option than our current gaffer.

Mr_Moon

Ha oh yeah, and how are we going to afford Jol's pay off and MON's wages? That's ignoring the fact we have little money to spend so MON wouldn't be interested in the first place.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Mr_Moon on September 17, 2011, 04:33:58 PM
Put your fishing rod away

+1

I normally rate Finnster as good poster, but this "anti-Jol crusade" is getting a bit boring!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

MOR :

Now these next 6 games are massive for us...

Man City (H)
WBA (A)
QPR (H)
Stoke (A)
Everton (H)
Wigan (A)

We need points on the board ASAP otherwise heads will roll...

Admin

Quote from: Nick the Swede on September 17, 2011, 05:02:13 PM

+1

I normally rate Finnster as good poster, but this "anti-Jol crusade" is getting a bit boring!

A lot could be said about Martin Jol also..

SG

+1

Its actually getting VERY boring. We can moan but things will not change as a result of this so whilst we may feel better for a moan it is best to accept the status quo and hope that results improve.

finnster01

+1

Sorry to hear that Mr Nick, but you do not need to read my posts and I still am under the belief I am allowed to express my opinion. I do happen to like your posts, so I will continue to read them though.

But I am very confident in stating that if either you or I had been managers of Fulham, we could do no worse than Martin Jol has done as I write this in terms of table position and we were not paid the money he is do do HIS JOB  :035:

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Admin on September 17, 2011, 05:08:30 PM

+1

A lot could be said about Martin Jol also..

Well, I guess you're right, but if we could keep the discussion on a sensible level we would all feel better. 99% of the arguments against Mr Jol on this board are taken out of context so far.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"