more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOL OUT ALSO!!! (merged threads)

Started by bigalffc, December 10, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 11, 2011, 12:24:38 PM
Under Jol we waited until we were losing against Spuds AND Man City before we started to play. In fact other than QPR that has been his only tactic. Try and defend and soak up pressure and attack on the break. If we get lucky like the Wigan game we are fine.

I don't want to see a talented side wait to see what happens. People keep telling me that we are no worse than last season. Well with the money paid out for players and players not wanting to play, I am not sure how true that is. Let Jol manage and sod the old guard is another refrain. Fine but if the tactic of not going forward and the fact we play to none of our players strength means watching this Fulham side under perform. What are the 'positives' Jol has brought to the table?

totally agree with you.

jarv

It's morning in USA, getting caught up...M. AFC, it is not the loss that hurts so much, it is the manner of the loss. The team was useless yesterday. The game was awful. Tickets aint cheap these days. 40 or 50 quid for that rubbish, do me a favour.

managers....what about Keegan? his tub thumping will get the players going. Good jobs done with Newcastle, Fulham and City. Afetr all, Liverpool took Dalglish out of retirement. If Fulham in bottom 3 jan 1, will do a good rescue job.
Strachan is useful too. (he quit southampton and middlesborough before the stuff hit the fan, neither was his fault).

SG

Quote from: epsomraver on December 11, 2011, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 11, 2011, 12:24:38 PM
Under Jol we waited until we were losing against Spuds AND Man City before we started to play. In fact other than QPR that has been his only tactic. Try and defend and soak up pressure and attack on the break. If we get lucky like the Wigan game we are fine.

I don't want to see a talented side wait to see what happens. People keep telling me that we are no worse than last season. Well with the money paid out for players and players not wanting to play, I am not sure how true that is. Let Jol manage and sod the old guard is another refrain. Fine but if the tactic of not going forward and the fact we play to none of our players strength means watching this Fulham side under perform. What are the 'positives' Jol has brought to the table?

totally agree with you.

I seem to remember that was also a criticism justifiably levelled at Hodgson - wait until we are one down away before starting to play - and things didnt turn out to bad in the end.
I agree that it is frustrating but calling for his head after 15 league is imho madness.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 11, 2011, 10:27:21 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2011, 10:17:15 AM
Some of you just want a manager who is going to not upset and change the team.
Just want a yes man for the senior players.
Tell you what let Ray be coach and then let Bobby, Andy and Danny pick what they want.
They might all be able to get another couple of years worth of wages out of us.
As for anyone wanting Bruce as manager they need their head looked at, i suspect Megson is second choice for you.

Some of us want a manager who looks at his side and says to himself 'yes we can win today'. Not  a manager who tells his team to make no effort in building an attack until we are behind. As a slogan to keep Jol and his duller than dull tactics. ' Who else is there?' Doesn't really make it sound he is doing a great job.

I find it amazing how many people seem to be allowed in to listen to team talks, tell me Lighthouse what were the words he used to tell the players to make no effort, what was the players reaction when he told them that, i am sorry i find these sort of comments farcical, have an opinion by all means but don't say you know what or what  has not been said.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ImperialWhite

We have the worst fans in the league.

We're not even in the relegation zone and we're in meltdown.

Lighthouse

So alfie you are saying that the players disregarded the tactics given to them by Jol on every away game? I find it farcical that we are even having this debate. A manager who has had the Europa games as well as the Prem games to decide the way he would ike his team to play. He sets up the side and on every away game they play this way. Yet that isn't his tactics?

Fulham play on the break away from home and do it very poorly. I tend to think Fulham are better than Swansea so feel frustrated when we don't try to win from the off but try not to concede. Not sure what is more farcical. The way we play or the way people want to continue to defend Jol and his tactics. Roy was governed by the team he had. Hughes tried to attack. Jol has spent money on a clever attaking player who has most of his work as a defender for us. Same with Dembele. Yet it is clear the team can do well going forward or at least create chances. I know this because we do every time we are chasing the game.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Motown

During this club's previous flirtation with Jol (prior to the Hughes appointment) I expressed my total lack of enthusiasm on this board.  I wasn't overly enthused with the appearance of Team Hughes either, but he turned things round after a fashion. Re-visiting the Jolly Boy hasn't done us any great favours, and I honestly don't see much scope for improvement.
Two points that interest me though. Hughes quit citing lack of ambition. Was he right? As for funds in the January window, what sort of level are we talking about? Given recent history, probably not very much despite MALF's much trumpeted support for the incoming manager..... and given Jol's 'spends' so far, I doubt the purse strings will loosen too much.
JOL IS NOT, AND NEVER WAS. THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. :dead horse:

TonyGilroy

I'm not happy and certainly not convinced but Jol has a good CV and a difficult job to do.

Making minimal change to an aging team would have seemed OK for maybe another year or two but would have been a disaster soon enough.

I think he has to be given time and hope that he gets it right. A kneejerk sacking in favour of someone like Keegan or Strachan could work (who knows) but the replacement would be someone with failures on their records.

If (and it is only an if) he's facing a player revolt it's likely because players fear for their places and are trying to force him out and to give way would set an awful precedent.

Whatever Zamora thinks he isn't contributing and we're currently without Grygera, Baird, Murphy, Sidwell and Duff. That's a big hole in a small squad and notwithstanding yesterday the results recently taken as a whole have been OK.

Burt

Blimey...go away for a weekend and all hell breaks out.

Burt

I am not sure why calling for Jol's head is going to end up with us being in a better situation.

Whoever comes in will have to:
1. Deal with an ageing squad.
2. Start blooding in some of the promising talent we have emerging from the reserves.
3. Have time to get their tactics to work.
4. Cope with injuries.
5. Do all of this with a core of players who are probably resisting any change.

Anyone would think we are cut adrift from the bottom, whereas the reality is we are as far from the relegation zone as we are from 10th place.

Keep the faith.

COYW

Oakeshott

If Jol stays and we start next season in the Premiership, and especially if we have a good second half to this season and start next season promisingly, then those who currently support Jol will be vindicated, and those like me wishing he would get the push now will be glad to admit we were wrong.

But if Jol stays and we go down, it will be his and ultimately MAF's fault, because with a number of weakish sides in the Premiership you'd have to be a total clown as a manager to get Fulham relegated this season, given the strength of the squad. At that point those of us urging that Jol gets the push now will be able to say we told you so, though of course that will be no recompense for the prospect of a season or longer in the Championship.

Basically its MAF's call and no one else's. He's been right with every such call to date, so let's hope he gets it right this time.

Jack Fulham

If he makes the players practice penalties and plays Frei more I will be happier. I'm content with Jol for now. I'm sure we'll come good soon like we did under Hughes. Agree with others though, there is no one on the job market I'd rather have than Jol at the moment.

Berkshire White

At the end of the day we are in a better position this season then we were last under Hughes. We are always bad away from home yet this season it seems we have improved in that department. However I for one blame Jol for yesterday. His negative, defensive tactics cost us the game and he keeps going on about our attacking qualities yet we are not seeing them!!!

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 11, 2011, 03:34:00 PM
So alfie you are saying that the players disregarded the tactics given to them by Jol on every away game? I find it farcical that we are even having this debate. A manager who has had the Europa games as well as the Prem games to decide the way he would ike his team to play. He sets up the side and on every away game they play this way. Yet that isn't his tactics?

Fulham play on the break away from home and do it very poorly. I tend to think Fulham are better than Swansea so feel frustrated when we don't try to win from the off but try not to concede. Not sure what is more farcical. The way we play or the way people want to continue to defend Jol and his tactics. Roy was governed by the team he had. Hughes tried to attack. Jol has spent money on a clever attaking player who has most of his work as a defender for us. Same with Dembele. Yet it is clear the team can do well going forward or at least create chances. I know this because we do every time we are chasing the game.

LIghthouse sorry if i came across as having a go at you, it is just we have no idea what is said in the dressing room,

yesterday for instance we had no midfield, Digger is a great player but he is no central midfield player, the manager and teams first duty is not to concede, he had to protect the defence with very little in the middle, and in the 2nd half we came up yet again against a keeper on top of his game, and to be honest i thought we at the very least deserved a draw, the goals yesterday were not down to tactcis and own goal that would have been saved in CD had not stuck his leg out, their 2nd goal in my humble opinion Hangers got far to close to his man and this allowed him to use Hangers body to swivel, and we missed a penalty.

Anyway we all have our views and opinions but with one thing in common Fulham FC.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

My mate who is a Chelsea supporter felt we lost it when we missed the penalty, if we had got that he felt we deserved a draw. Said we should practice penalties, i agree
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

finnster01

No penalty training necessary. We should do our homework and figure out who on the pitch has a stellar record of scoring from the penalty spot and who hasn't. We had a man who is a proven penalty scorer out there. 

That was a total rubbish decision to have Demps having a go at that.  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jack Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2011, 08:41:37 PM
No penalty training necessary. We should do our homework and figure out who on the pitch has a stellar record of scoring from the penalty spot and who hasn't. We had a man who is a proven penalty scorer out there. 

Guess you mean Andy Johnson?

I think he's had one pen for us and missed it although he used to do it all the time at Palace. Maybe he lost a bit of confidence in taking them.

jarv

I have had a bit of time out. Looking at the table and the games this week-end, the reason Norwich and Swansea are above Fulham is they treat every game as a 6 point game, they treat every game as a cup tie. Can anyone say that Fulham did that, not only yesterday but in games against Blackburn, Villa, etc. There is no way Swansea, Norwich (and Villa) are better than Fulham but they fight for points. Hopefully, class will tell by the end of the season.

finnster01

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 11, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2011, 08:41:37 PM

Guess you mean Andy Johnson?

I think he's had one pen for us and missed it although he used to do it all the time at Palace. Maybe he lost a bit of confidence in taking them.

Maybe you are right mate, but with his record at Palace I would be surprised if one miss against Swindon would destroy his confidence.

In any event, I'm pretty sure you would agree that having AJ take it over Clint is literally a no brainer.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead