https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Tunnicliffe

Started by E.I.Adio, February 24, 2014, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Quote from: Pluto on February 25, 2014, 04:19:09 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on February 25, 2014, 04:05:37 PM
I just do not understand people getting upset at a manager hired to escape relegation who is playing players he thinks are up for the fight...

did anyone actually see anything from Tunnicliffe that made you think he should be playing over Dejagah or anyone in the central midfield? I thought the kid was just a body with no ability to pick a pass.... there is a reason Manure let him leave at such a young age... Cole is a bit more intriguing to me because of his ability to get around players out wide... Ryan does not have that ability and while he may turn into something serviceable... he was not going to save this team this season...

people get such a hard on for young players... is it because you think they are going to be the next superstar? At Fulham... they usually are not... we don't and can't buy those sort players... Cole and Tunnicliffe may end up being future contributors but the chances of either being well above average prem players is unlikely... heck look at Kaca... he is better than both IMHO and he struggles and disappears in matches all the time.

You don't understand because you're just assuming we all agree with your opinion on Tunicliffe. Some of us DO think they've seen something in him that makes him worth playing over the likes of Parker. Some of us DO think he has plenty of ability. Some of us DO think he played well in the games he played.

No one's saying he's the next superstar. We're just peeved because he hasn't had a fair chance. We don't see why Magath is getting rid of the lad after only one week when our other central midfield options have proven how poor they are time and time again. Surely he's at least shown enough that he's worth keeping around? If we need to get rid lets get rid of the has beens that have shown their lack of quality, effort and fight over and over again for the last two seasons. For the record I include Kaca in that- he has been woeful.

Tunnicliffe passed the ball 7 times vs Manure with 3 being intercepted... made 2 tackles and lost the ball on 4 occasions when played to him..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

In the Enclosure

Got a feeling that the slip against Liverpool that gifted the ball to Gerrard would not have gone unnoticed by Felix. Led directly to their equaliser and made him look like an over enthusiastic Sunday League player not able to stay on his feet.
Who knows what he has shown in training ?

Lighthouse

I think we are missing the point here. We bought two players. A few weeks later we send them off on loan. To me that is a monumental waste of money. If they were no better than what we have and we have a pretty good reserve/youth set up. Why did we spend money on them. If our MD is in charge of transfers and sackings. Why spend money on players we clearly didn't need.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 25, 2014, 06:11:35 PM
I think we are missing the point here. We bought two players. A few weeks later we send them off on loan. To me that is a monumental waste of money. If they were no better than what we have and we have a pretty good reserve/youth set up. Why did we spend money on them. If our MD is in charge of transfers and sackings. Why spend money on players we clearly didn't need.

Buying youngish players and sending them on loan for experience and to get them to first team standard is extremely standard practice.

mccscratch

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on February 25, 2014, 06:22:18 PM

Buying youngish players and sending them on loan for experience and to get them to first team standard is extremely standard practice.

Not when the money spent could have gone towards a left back with more ability that could slot in now...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Julius Geezer

Look we simply have too many players in that position.

Tunnicliffe is clearly a talented player with a good pedigree and a long career in front of him.

But right now he is furthest down the list of players in centre midfield.

Magath only wants a certain amount of players vying for a position and unfortunately for Tunnicliffe he's a new boy with little Premier League experience.

Also he is on much lower wages to the rest.

I personally think he has more to give than Boateng and even Karagounis but there you go.

If worst comes to worst and we go down - he will be a very useful player to have next season.

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: mccscratch on February 25, 2014, 06:28:09 PM
Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on February 25, 2014, 06:22:18 PM

Not when the money spent could have gone towards a left back with more ability that could slot in now...

I confess I'm disappointed we haven't remedied our obvious left back deficiency. But I don't think we have a shortage of money - the reason for Riise being our starting LB evades me.

RaySmith

We tried to get a LB - but it fell through.

It's hard to get players in the Jan window, especially for Fulham, but we actually did well.

Fulhampete

Hangeland, Riise, Duff, Parker, Richardson, Karagounis, Rodellega. What do they have left in their legs or hearts? What a snub for the younger players. They must feel Fulham have no trust in them. We are failing today and screwing up our tomorrows.

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: Fulhampete on February 25, 2014, 07:32:00 PM
Hangeland, Riise, Duff, Parker, Richardson, Karagounis, Rodellega. What do they have left in their legs or hearts? What a snub for the younger players. They must feel Fulham have no trust in them. We are failing today and screwing up our tomorrows.

I can't believe you've questioned the heart of any of those. Except maybe Riise.

Edit: And you questioned Richardson's legs!!?!? You haven't been watching Fulham recently.

Fulhampete

Hangeland - If it is not his heart or legs what is it?
Riise - you don't even argue with this
Duff - One of my favourite players, along with McBride. Both past it though.
Parker - Still tries but not the commitment he is known for.
Richardson - may still have the legs but what else?
Kara - Would never question his heart but how old?
Rodders - I was actually pleased when we got him but he has struggled

These players are the nucleus of the team that has failed all season. They offer us no future. Pity some people need all the i's to be dotted and t's crossed.

itombomb

I agree on the waste. When we were stacked at RW, buying Cole was mental. Must have been attempts to briefly empower Rene ahead of the big games.

Tunnicliffe was a worker, be actually didn't show much ability.

HatterDon

Quote from: itombomb on February 25, 2014, 11:56:00 PM
I agree on the waste. When we were stacked at RW, buying Cole was mental. Must have been attempts to briefly empower Rene ahead of the big games.

Tunnicliffe was a worker, be actually didn't show much ability.

got a shot on goal // hardly ever see anyone doing that for Fulham these days
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I have two questions :

1       If Tunnicliffe was soooooooooooooooo special, why did United let him go so casually ???

2      Don't you think Felix asked the same question ????

PS It may have been more of the same : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2222928/Manchester-United-youngster-Ryan-Tunnicliffe-banned-18-MONTHS-drink-driving.html

beijing ben

Quote from: Fulhampete on February 25, 2014, 07:51:22 PM
Hangeland - If it is not his heart or legs what is it?
Riise - you don't even argue with this
Duff - One of my favourite players, along with McBride. Both past it though.
Parker - Still tries but not the commitment he is known for.
Richardson - may still have the legs but what else?
Kara - Would never question his heart but how old?
Rodders - I was actually pleased when we got him but he has struggled

These players are the nucleus of the team that has failed all season. They offer us no future. Pity some people need all the i's to be dotted and t's crossed.

You argued against your own opinion with Karagounis and Richardson

If we stay up i think only Richardson might stay out of the players you mention. And its a maybe. The rest will leave i think..

The point made about buying a left back with the money we paid for Tunnicliffe is a good point but it was unfortunate with Taylor. But Tunnicliffe going out on loan is ok if Magath really thinks he is unlikely to feature now. He continues to get first team action and he is more likely to be ready for us next season whichever division we end up in..

JackyFulham90

Tunnicliffe is a good young player getting him games at Wigan is a good decision

FFC1987

One of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum is that we should condemn a player because he slipped after the ball was played well behind him and he tried to navigate in poor conditions and slipped. This subjects him to a sunday league player.

Deary me.

General

How? I think you are thinking too short term. They were two of man utd's most promising youth players. Tunnicliffe has already proven he can play in the championship. If they reach their potential and stay at our club it would've been a very wise move to be able to get them at all. In many regards you could say we were lucky as we acted so fast and tied both down to long term contracts. Obviously under rene he had more immediate plans but it shows that we care about them and their development that we have got them out on loan so quickly after the change of manager. For all we know it could have been the most well intentioned move by magath and magath could have been very happy with their potential but couldn't risk them in the league and didn't want to risk them in the reserves/U21's. we have all seen first hand how important and how much more a player develops when out on loan, see Burn, Trotta etc. it's a testament to our youth that teams want them. Need to look at things in a more detached manner.

Brede Butter Pudding