more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Tunnicliffe

Started by E.I.Adio, February 24, 2014, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 26, 2014, 04:05:06 PM
Gone on loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer - seems like an absolutely bizarre situation, what a shambles.

Unless either ourselves or Wigan are saying it's 'with a view to a permanent move', it may not be.

If the worst happens and we do go down, players of Tunnicliffe's ability are probably as decent as most we will be able to attract. In such a circumstance, letting him leave would seem bizarre.

He may still be here if we stay up, of course. Equally, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a Championship Club in the summer.

HatterDon

Quote from: General on February 26, 2014, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 25, 2014, 06:11:35 PM
I think we are missing the point here. We bought two players. A few weeks later we send them off on loan. To me that is a monumental waste of money. If they were no better than what we have and we have a pretty good reserve/youth set up. Why did we spend money on them. If our MD is in charge of transfers and sackings. Why spend money on players we clearly didn't need.

How? I think you are thinking too short term. They were two of man utd's most promising youth players. Tunnicliffe has already proven he can play in the championship. If they reach their potential and stay at our club it would've been a very wise move to be able to get them at all. In many regards you could say we were lucky as we acted so fast and tied both down to long term contracts. Obviously under rene he had more immediate plans but it shows that we care about them and their development that we have got them out on loan so quickly after the change of manager. For all we know it could have been the most well intentioned move by magath and magath could have been very happy with their potential but couldn't risk them in the league and didn't want to risk them in the reserves/U21's. we have all seen first hand how important and how much more a player develops when out on loan, see Burn, Trotta etc. it's a testament to our youth that teams want them. Need to look at things in a more detached manner.

If Felix is still in charge, they'll both be gone during the summer. They have each played their last match for Fulham
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

General

Quote from: HatterDon on February 26, 2014, 09:22:37 PM
Quote from: General on February 26, 2014, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 25, 2014, 06:11:35 PM
I think we are missing the point here. We bought two players. A few weeks later we send them off on loan. To me that is a monumental waste of money. If they were no better than what we have and we have a pretty good reserve/youth set up. Why did we spend money on them. If our MD is in charge of transfers and sackings. Why spend money on players we clearly didn't need.

How? I think you are thinking too short term. They were two of man utd's most promising youth players. Tunnicliffe has already proven he can play in the championship. If they reach their potential and stay at our club it would've been a very wise move to be able to get them at all. In many regards you could say we were lucky as we acted so fast and tied both down to long term contracts. Obviously under rene he had more immediate plans but it shows that we care about them and their development that we have got them out on loan so quickly after the change of manager. For all we know it could have been the most well intentioned move by magath and magath could have been very happy with their potential but couldn't risk them in the league and didn't want to risk them in the reserves/U21's. we have all seen first hand how important and how much more a player develops when out on loan, see Burn, Trotta etc. it's a testament to our youth that teams want them. Need to look at things in a more detached manner.

If Felix is still in charge, they'll both be gone during the summer. They have each played their last match for Fulham

I don't think you should be too certain - especially if we do get relegated.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If  these two are so good why did United give them up without a whimper ???

If I was a useful Fulham Lad (...and we have quite a few) I would be really  pi$$ed off  with these coming in and getting an  immediate chance with the 1st team.  

Talking to other fans,  the consensus is that Felix and his team would have had a a file on every player  at the club,  no stone would be left unturned, including their private lives.  One pointed to the 1st  press conference when the SKY sports  reported asked him what he (Felix) thought of the January signing ???
Felex replied :am I expected to know ..........
The joke was clear  ( from his body language)  he did know. I am sure there is info that we have no knowledge of.......there may be a very good reason to farm them out.

I cannot say I got too attached to them in 23 days.............................

MasterHaynes

Hate to poor cold water on the debate but here;s article from Fulham Chronicle who are very good at reporting what goes on at the club rather than making up conspiracies as the main press & media often do.

Felix Magath has assured Ryan Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole they have a future at Fulham.Asked whether Tunnicliffe and Cole have a future at Craven Cottage, Magath said: "Yes, sure. After the season it's a new situation."They are very talented, but now is the time we need players that are experienced and make less faults. A young player has to make faults to develop."

Bronaldinho

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

General

Quote from: MasterHaynes on March 01, 2014, 12:05:51 PM

Hate to poor cold water on the debate but here;s article from Fulham Chronicle who are very good at reporting what goes on at the club rather than making up conspiracies as the main press & media often do.

Felix Magath has assured Ryan Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole they have a future at Fulham.Asked whether Tunnicliffe and Cole have a future at Craven Cottage, Magath said: "Yes, sure. After the season it's a new situation."They are very talented, but now is the time we need players that are experienced and make less faults. A young player has to make faults to develop."

Proud and slightly smug (although it was kinda obvious) that I was right and Magath sees them (and in general our youth setup) as our future and he's excited by the talent we have.

Holders

Felix made it clear at the outset that this approach to the last few games is going to be different from his normal footballing philosophy -  the "special situation" he referred to. If he's said that these two  have a future with Fulham, then they have - if they want it.  

It's a pity that his English isn't better (yet) as I would like to hear a lot more from him. In some ways, what he is saying is "shorthand" for a full explanation but I think he's straight and not out to deceive.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

Most of the "big" clubs acquire loads of young talent from all over Europe. They do this to stop any other clubs getting hold of any player that might be useful. Sadly most of them are never seen again. Our acquisition of young players is different . We bring them in for our future. Letting them out on loan lets them develop better than with the U21´s or just sitting on the bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

Quote from: Holders on March 01, 2014, 12:42:18 PM

Felix made it clear at the outset that this approach to the last few games is going to be different from his normal footballing philosophy -  the "special situation" he referred to. If he's said that these two  have a future with Fulham, then they have - if they want it.  

It's a pity that his English isn't better (yet) as I would like to hear a lot more from him. In some ways, what he is saying is "shorthand" for a full explanation but I think he's straight and not out to deceive.

I genuinely don't think he would have bothered with putting them out on loan so quickly after coming in if they didn't have potential, and if he thought they had potential then he would want to keep them at the club. Tunnicliffe is already doing alright in the Championship and is only 21, it would suggest he is capable of making the step up, and with a lifetime of experience learning at Utd you'd expect both he and Tunnicliffe will know how to play the game tactically as well as in other ways.

epsomraver

Quote from: General on March 01, 2014, 12:47:17 PM

I genuinely don't think he would have bothered with putting them out on loan so quickly after coming in if they didn't have potential, and if he thought they had potential then he would want to keep them at the club. Tunnicliffe is already doing alright in the Championship and is only 21, it would suggest he is capable of making the step up, and with a lifetime of experience learning at Utd you'd expect both he and Tunnicliffe will know how to play the game tactically as well as in other ways.

Which is it? this does not make sense general

General

Quote from: epsomraver on March 01, 2014, 12:53:07 PM

It does - you need to look at the second part as referring to the long term - use your brain - is a god given gift you have there and the possibilities of what you do are inifinite.. the fact that they are infinite and you could not understand this context - means you haven't given it much thought.. if that is the case, just imagine what would've happened had you thought about it properly.

All worlds problems would be solved if everyone could communicate honestly with one another, lived by a clear code of what is right and wrong and had no issues with saying it how it was and more importantly if everyone actually thought about things with good intentions and peaceful intentions and peace as the final outcome.

Humankind is emotionally still very naive.

epsomraver

You do post some old b****x at times, it doesn't make sense, first you say if he rates them he sends them out on loan and then you say if he rates them he keeps them at the club, which is it, simple question really and just requires a simple answer.

Pluto

Quote from: General on March 01, 2014, 01:26:59 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on March 01, 2014, 12:53:07 PM

Felix made it clear at the outset that this approach to the last few games is going to be different from his normal footballing philosophy -  the "special situation" he referred to. If he's said that these two  have a future with Fulham, then they have - if they want it. 

It does - you need to look at the second part as referring to the long term - use your brain - is a god given gift you have there and the possibilities of what you do are inifinite.. the fact that they are infinite and you could not understand this context - means you haven't given it much thought.. if that is the case, just imagine what would've happened had you thought about it properly.

All worlds problems would be solved if everyone could communicate honestly with one another, lived by a clear code of what is right and wrong and had no issues with saying it how it was and more importantly if everyone actually thought about things with good intentions and peaceful intentions and peace as the final outcome.

Humankind is emotionally still very naive.
U wot m8?

Plodder

Maybe I missed some comments by Magath, but I would be interested to know what prompted him unceremoniously to put Tunnicliffe and Cole out on loan almost as soon as he arrived at the club. Surely a new manager would want to take some time looking at the players before making such a decision? Were they that bad in their brief appearances for us? What have we gained by doing this? It remains a decision which baffles me.

H4usuallysitting

I think it was a time issue - he mentioned that he is trying to stick to experienced Prem players......then sticks in Cauley against Cardiff - so that theory is out the window

Deanothefulhamfan

This really baffled me, Cole going out on loan made sense, as he needs the experience.... but Tunnicliffe was a real blow, I read that he is out on loan with a view to a permanent deal.... This is just crazy, but highly believable.... He will be a key player for us next season if we were to go down. I hope Wigan do not get promoted as they will almost certainly snap him up.

HatterDon

The only way we'll ever see either of them back with Fulham is if Magath goes at the end of the season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

God The Mechanic

I'd imagine it was more because they're new, young players who haven't played many senior games between them.  It would be more difficult and time consuming for them to get up to speed with new team mates in a new league  - which would also explain his preference for the older heads.

Not that it's working, but it seems like a reasonable thought process...