https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfwilson84

Who posted the preliminary drawings?

fcfulham55

Someone on Twitter earlier this year, I'm sure I had screenshots to share but had difficulty uploading them here.

I'll check to see if I have them backed up. I don't know the legitimacy, but looked impressive nonetheless!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fulhamfan

Hammersmith end next hopefully. Get that pole removed

ianthailand

Quote from: fulhamross on December 21, 2021, 11:28:59 PM
What's he done to upset you?

mrmicawbers

Personally think they should work on Johnny Haynes next.Appreciate they are limited due to the listing of the stand.However i think using steels to replace the walls could open the place right up.They could possibly create further space by creating a basement for offices,storage etc.
Commercially could work well as all season ticket holders would probably end up in the Riverside.I for one if the got the facilities right ie bars and restaurants may stay there indefinitely.Would rather spend my Money at Fulham than in Putney but they have to get it right.

Logicalman

Well, talking of Poles, here's a design concept from one of them! Not exactly my favorite tbh....
http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/05/new_design_craven_cottage_that_never_will_be
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bigalffc

Quote from: fulhamross on December 21, 2021, 11:28:59 PM
And please please upgrade the loos
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

We all await a picture of TK diving into that new pool which was supposed to be completed by Christmas.

Jims Dentist

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
We need to see how many people actually populate the new stand (on match days) before any further possible enhancements.

Adam87

Out of curiosity, what do we thinks the Khans have long term for the ground ? The Hammersmith and Putney end need to be refurbished at some point, but face issues with bishops park and the flats. I personally dont see the point of getting a ground bigger than 32,000, we just dont have the fan base, but very curious to see what the plans are going forward and what fans think on here....

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Adam87 on December 31, 2021, 03:37:42 PM
Out of curiosity, what do we thinks the Khans have long term for the ground ? The Hammersmith and Putney end need to be refurbished at some point, but face issues with bishops park and the flats. I personally dont see the point of getting a ground bigger than 32,000, we just dont have the fan base, but very curious to see what the plans are going forward and what fans think on here....

I agree about the capacity so any refurbishments of the other 3 sides would likely to be to increase the match day revenues not capacity.
Having said that, I believe both the Putney and Hammersmith ends are temporary structures built over the old terraces and their use are subject to regular approval and will need work done in the near future.
I suspect negotiations to use the part of the park for access to the river may lead to redevelopment of the Putney end first.

Jimsbeerbelly

Knowing someone quite high up at Fulham, the Khan's intensions are to re-develop the whole off CC, but one stand at a time, due to the complex situation of the ground. Unlike Reading, Boro etc, we don't have the benefits of building directly onto an open retail park or industrial estate, so each stand has to be looked at as separate projects.

The Riverside Stand was done first, mainly because it's the only one that could be used to generate in / out of football revenues, which will naturally be used to re-finance the club. With Fulham Pier also looking to go ahead, corporate facilities in / out of football will be even more attractive, now that the club can't use the Thames as direct routes in and out.

Yes, there are restrictions to the Hammy and Putney ends, but club envision to dig down like they've done with the Riverside, and have the concourses over 2/3 levels.

Long term vision is to use CC for multiple venues, not just football, but the Khans are aware this will take time, so kind of tells you they're here for the long term.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 31, 2021, 04:37:15 PM

Knowing someone quite high up at Fulham, the Khan's intensions are to re-develop the whole off CC, but one stand at a time, due to the complex situation of the ground. Unlike Reading, Boro etc, we don't have the benefits of building directly onto an open retail park or industrial estate, so each stand has to be looked at as separate projects.

The Riverside Stand was done first, mainly because it's the only one that could be used to generate in / out of football revenues, which will naturally be used to re-finance the club. With Fulham Pier also looking to go ahead, corporate facilities in / out of football will be even more attractive, now that the club can't use the Thames as direct routes in and out.

Yes, there are restrictions to the Hammy and Putney ends, but club envision to dig down like they've done with the Riverside, and have the concourses over 2/3 levels.

Long term vision is to use CC for multiple venues, not just football, but the Khans are aware this will take time, so kind of tells you they're here for the long term.

This is the most interesting post of the year.... Would be fascinated to know more but expect it's all rather sensitive.   Crowds will come if the team is successful in the Premiership.  So that has to be a priority as well to fill the Riverside.  Our fan base grew under Alfayed by huge numbers and has held if not grown further.  The Filth is full up so there are loads of floating fans waiting to be enticed by the glitz of Premier league football.   Not that that's what I want.

filham

Of course future work on any of the remaining three stand will have the problem of access during construction as the open river route will not now be available.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: filham on December 31, 2021, 04:53:24 PM
Of course future work on any of the remaining three stand will have the problem of access during construction as the open river route will not now be available.

Not entirely true. We'll still access to those stands, Riverside ends, via the Thames which the club will explore to deliver materials. Pretty sure Bishops park will give us access again, for a today sum. Been told it's all possible, but each treated as a separate project.

The Rational Fan

The next big project should be to improve the training ground, so players choice us ahead of other teams.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 31, 2021, 04:58:50 PM

Not entirely true. We'll still access to those stands, Riverside ends, via the Thames which the club will explore to deliver materials. Pretty sure Bishops park will give us access again, for a today sum. Been told it's all possible, but each treated as a separate project.

Not entirely sure about that. The local residents with a few exceptions seem far more tolerant than some from previous years when you had people like Al-Uzaizi practically waging war on the club.
The amount of noise & disruptions they've had to put up with, ie losing a big chunk of Bishops Park & the ridiculous length of time this has dragged on for, I really think we'd be lucky to be able to do something major at the ground for the foreseeable future. I know the club have agreed to contribute to the upkeep of Bishops Park to keep the residents & council onside but even so, still think we'd struggle
I spoke with a Fulham supporting friend who works for a big construction company, he reckons the club should've done all three stands in one go, even if it meant moving away for a season. He said there's going to be serious issues with room at the Hammersmith end, the hotel & health club at either end hamper any access to the river, think the club would have to practically flatten Stevenage Park between the flats & remove trees at the Putney end

Riversider

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 01, 2022, 09:57:30 AM

Not entirely sure about that. The local residents with a few exceptions seem far more tolerant than some from previous years when you had people like Al-Uzaizi practically waging war on the club.
The amount of noise & disruptions they've had to put up with, ie losing a big chunk of Bishops Park & the ridiculous length of time this has dragged on for, I really think we'd be lucky to be able to do something major at the ground for the foreseeable future. I know the club have agreed to contribute to the upkeep of Bishops Park to keep the residents & council onside but even so, still think we'd struggle
I spoke with a Fulham supporting friend who works for a big construction company, he reckons the club should've done all three stands in one go, even if it meant moving away for a season. He said there's going to be serious issues with room at the Hammersmith end, the hotel & health club at either end hamper any access to the river, think the club would have to practically flatten Stevenage Park between the flats & remove trees at the Putney end
I would bet that the majority on here have never even heard of Stevenage Park or aware of its existence, but if we could somehow purchase it from the council then it really does open up a lot of opportunities for the Hammersmith End.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on January 01, 2022, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 01, 2022, 09:57:30 AM

I would bet that the majority on here have never even heard of Stevenage Park or aware of its existence, but if we could somehow purchase it from the council then it really does open up a lot of opportunities for the Hammersmith End.

You wouldn't be able to buy it, it's part of the open space on the River gardens development. One one time Fulham were told they can't do anything substantial at that end due to natural light issues affecting the apartments, I think the rules & regs regarding that have changed since then though?.
Irony of situation is, Fulham or more to the point Tommy Trinder ,was offered that whole site when it was Blake's Woodyard. My dad's uncle was a foreman there for many years. Trinder declined the offer, years later it would be worth millions

Stevieboy

Hindsight, especially regarding property prices, is very disappointing.
We sold 2, 4 storey houses in Greyhound Road in 1986 for the price of a second hand S Class Merc now.  :016: