Author Topic: Riverside Development Update  (Read 208376 times)

Offline filham

• Moritz Volz
Re: Riverside Development Update
« Reply #1520 on: September 15, 2021, 10:49:25 AM »
Glad to hear they have their priorities right.

Pool half full or half empty Woolly?
Are you part of the experiment to bring back the Woolly Mammoth?

I am actually helping to orchestrate the revival of the Hairy Elephant and have been active and instrumental over the centuries to ensure us Mammothus Primigenious stage a dramatic comeback of Biblical Proportions.
Don't get any ideas, that pool is for fully certificated humans only.

Offline cookieg

• Legend
« Reply #1521 on: September 15, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »
The pool will be ready for use in December !

The video placed a lot of emphasis on getting the pool completed quickly, although getting in fans seems to be the last stage.

I would imagine that getting fans in will be the last stage. There will have to test events etc to make sure it’s safe for people to come in.

Offline MartyFFC

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #1522 on: September 15, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »
As if anyone could give a monkeys about a swimming pool they will never be able to access…… it will be interesting to see how the ST’s are priced. I do worry they will mostly be in the 1K+ category. I mean the JH has facilities that wouldn’t look out of place in the Evostik South Central division, and so I reckon anyone in the Riverside will be hit hard in the pocket

Offline Riversider

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #1523 on: October 09, 2021, 11:50:32 PM »
Had a nice walk along the south bank of the river today from Hammersmith Bridge to Putney Bridge and had a few thoughts as I stood to admire the new stand,
Firstly it's stunning and I can't wait to see the Thames path open behind the stand with the pub and cafe open ,they are going to be a real money spinner,
Secondly the contractors are going to be working up to the final hour of the final day to get it finished in time for next season, barely about 9 months to go, plenty still to do externally and they haven't even started the internal fit out yet,
And lastly we MUST get promoted this season otherwise its a great white elephant,  if we don't go up we will need to pay Liverpool £12 million for Wilson which presumably will involve selling players especially with a cut in the parachute payment this will have a knock on effect with how many supporters turn up to watch us,  so then let's say we play the likes of Blackburn or Preston on a Tuesday night in November or January how many would we realistically get , 14k maybe 15k can't see it being many more, imagine that crowd with a capacity of virtually 30k !!! it really doesn't bare thinking about
As I say for many, many reasons we MUST go up ,
COYSW

Offline filham

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #1524 on: October 10, 2021, 01:36:36 PM »
A seat at the high point in a 25% full Riverside stand on a cold winters night may not be that friendly, The JH stand may have more appeal at times.

Offline Holders

• Gentleman Jim
  • Non sumus statione ferroviaria
« Reply #1525 on: October 10, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
It's cold on that side on a winter's day.

Offline filham

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #1526 on: October 12, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »
It's cold on that side on a winter's day.
We have yet to experience the high level seats with a strong easterly blowing . About this time of year a warning notice will be needed for delicate ladies, " winter draws on"

Offline MartyFFC

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #1527 on: October 12, 2021, 02:10:13 PM »
I’ll be in the cheap seats in the lower-tier hopefully, assuming they come in at under 800 quid

Offline Riversider

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #1528 on: October 12, 2021, 03:24:42 PM »
Tickets available in virtually every section for our London derby against our closest rivals this Saturday!, capacity currently 18000 going up to 29000 next season, missing out on promotion must be giving somebody at our club sleepless nights at the moment,
We need to go on a good run starting on Saturday.

Offline Gezza

• tjl
« Reply #1529 on: October 12, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
Tickets available in virtually every section for our London derby against our closest rivals this Saturday!, capacity currently 18000 going up to 29000 next season, missing out on promotion must be giving somebody at our club sleepless nights at the moment,

Maybe not so surprising as it is a lunchtime kick off and on Sky.

Offline SP

• Gentleman Jim
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #1530 on: October 12, 2021, 05:56:35 PM »
I’ll be in the cheap seats in the lower-tier hopefully, assuming they come in at under 800 quid

I really hope they pitch some STs at this level but I can't see anything under £1000. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Offline MartyFFC

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #1531 on: October 12, 2021, 07:50:03 PM »
I actually think attendances are down across the board, with clubs now seeming reluctant to release attendance figures and empty seats at most games. Dunno whether it’s economic hardship or a fear of COVID

Offline Riversider

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #1532 on: October 12, 2021, 08:29:58 PM »
I actually think attendances are down across the board, with clubs now seeming reluctant to release attendance figures and empty seats at most games. Dunno whether it’s economic hardship or a fear of COVID
The club could help themselves sometimes,  there hasn't been a single Tweet, or article on either the app or the website promoting the game to in anyway try and shift a single ticket, we're not great on the pitch at the moment but off it we're diabolical.

Offline filham

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #1533 on: October 12, 2021, 08:41:54 PM »
The club could help themselves sometimes,  there hasn't been a single Tweet, or article on either the app or the website promoting the game to in anyway try and shift a single ticket, we're not great on the pitch at the moment but off it we're diabolical.
Twas ever thus.

Offline 70sPimlico

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #1534 on: October 12, 2021, 08:46:06 PM »
I've been targeted with ads on social media for tickets for the last 2 days

Offline Riversider

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #1535 on: October 12, 2021, 11:42:37 PM »
I've been targeted with ads on social media for tickets for the last 2 days
Nothing on Twitter and nothing on the website.