watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Any idea what the specific plans are for the pier?

Adam87

Thanks to everyone for the replies, im very suprised the pier is going ahead, delighted though. Just never thought it would be allowed due to the different objections, but all our away fans are going to be arriving by boat now, will make our ground even more unique than it already is.
We are already one of the top away destinations in any league, now arriving by boat...this will take us to the number 1 spot with away supporters.

I have always wondered if the homes fans would move to the putney end in the near future as well, you could probably build a bigger stand, its next to the cottage and if im right (please correct if wrong) but the fulham home end use to be the putney end way back when.

Im very excited about the plans, i hope everything does get done in the next 10 years, will be quite incredible to compare the before and after pictures of the cottage going through all the changes over the decades.

HamsterWheel

Is it just me thinking that not much seems to be happening to the development at the moment? Can't see any changes between visits.
Any truth in the rumour that there is a cost dispute with the contractor?

bobby01

I would think at this stage it is mostly internal, wiring, plumbing, fireproofing,plastering etc.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Andy S

The Putney end of the ground has never been a home end during my Time of supporting Fulham back to the 60's. It was a lot later that grounds were segregated after the fences were put up following Hillsborough. That is when segregation started. Before that you could stand next to opposing supporters

Ronnief

When I first came to the cottage in 1956/7 fans would stand behind the home goal or to the side and then when changing ends at half time many if not most would move to the home end again. There was access from the Johnny Haynes Stand ( Stevenage Road Stand) into the Hammersmith end, and there was no stand on the Riverside. Hence we could access all around the ground. Mind you I can remember being passed down over peoples heads to the front. No chance of that now at my age and weight. :005: 092.gif

gang

Quote from: bigalffc on December 24, 2021, 02:16:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamross on December 21, 2021, 11:28:59 PM
Hammersmith end next hopefully. Get that pole removed
And please please upgrade the loos

The one way system on the smaller one is ludicrous. You go in past the washing facilities and leave where there is none.

Riversider

Worth noting to those without access to the F.S.T notes, that the Riverside Stand will not be opened to full capacity at the start of next season, it will be opened in graduale stages as the season progresses,
No indication was given to the expected capacity in August and no timescale as to when it will be increased,
If we should get promoted this season there will be people at the club praying we don't get the likes of Liverpool and Man United early doors because if we do then that's going to be one hell of a costly delay to the completion.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on February 02, 2022, 12:43:45 PM
Worth noting to those without access to the F.S.T notes, that the Riverside Stand will not be opened to full capacity at the start of next season, it will be opened in graduale stages as the season progresses,
No indication was given to the expected capacity in August and no timescale as to when it will be increased,
If we should get promoted this season there will be people at the club praying we don't get the likes of Liverpool and Man United early doors because if we do then that's going to be one hell of a costly delay to the completion.

There might also be another reduction in the final capacity too. Was originally 30,000 which then became 29,600. They're now saying it could be 28,800

toshes mate

I also noted the Club will run a 'try the Riverside out' scheme for season ticket holders although the details were not explicit as to additional fees etc.

bencher

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 02, 2022, 12:58:45 PM

What's the reason?

There might also be another reduction in the final capacity too. Was originally 30,000 which then became 29,600. They're now saying it could be 28,800

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: bencher on February 02, 2022, 05:33:12 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 02, 2022, 12:58:45 PM

What's the reason?

No idea tbh, did a ground tour a couple of months ago & club employee who was doing the tour said, was confirmed by the tour guides. Says club looking at just over 29k but will probably be around 28,800

filham

Disappointed to hear that the stand is not to be completed on time, a third season with the ground at reduced capacity is really unacceptable, what has gone wrong and how far is the work behind programme. I would have thought that the excavation, preparation of river encroaching foundations and the unique  steel frame work were the difficult part of the job and that the remaining fitting out is routine work that can easily be accelerated by employing more labour.

Time we had another formal progress report.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: filham on February 02, 2022, 05:55:36 PM
Disappointed to hear that the stand is not to be completed on time, a third season with the ground at reduced capacity is really unacceptable, what has gone wrong and how far is the work behind programme. I would have thought that the excavation, preparation of river encroaching foundations and the unique  steel frame work were the difficult part of the job and that the remaining fitting out is routine work that can easily be accelerated by employing more labour.

Time we had another formal progress report.

It's ridiculous & I can't believe questions are not being asked. It's going to be about 18 months late. I have a couple of friends who work in the construction industry & they say Covid hasn't put back any of their major projects anywhere near as long as this. Yes there was going to be delays with materials & staff issues but were there no penalty clauses?
There was issues with getting the fit out contractors too by all accounts

john dempsey

The extra workers will be here when they have
finished that bloody church in Barcelona.
so don't hold your breath.

fulhamfan

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/fulham-reveals-plans-rooftop-members-23089981

Fulham reveals plans for rooftop 'members club' at Craven Cottage in bid for new stand
The club wants to build a fancy restaurant and rooftop bar at Craven Cottage.

ulham Football Club has unveiled new plans for a private members club on top of its new Riverside stand.

The club wants to build a swanky new space on the upper floors of the stand instead of an event space, which had previously been given the go-ahead. New images show designs for a plush restaurant, bar and roof terraces with sweeping views across the River Thames.

The club was previously given planning permission to build a hotel, bar and lounge on the upper floors of the new stand. It now wants to alter the designs to replace the lounge with space for members and hospitality ticket holders. The space also includes meeting rooms and a creche.

A planning report says: "The new members club at Fulham Football Club will incorporate a range of dining, lounge, bar and work spaces set over the top three floors of the new Riverside Stand, offering an unrivalled experience.

"The overall design brief for the club has been to create an impeccably stylish space that is comfortable and relaxing. The interior design is a traditional one, reflecting traditional features of family homes, rather than contemporary football stadia. All spaces have been designed to maintain wide views over the river."

The club has also updated its designs for rooftop pergolas on the fifth floor of both ends of the stand. A new mechanical roof will be added that can be adjusted to cover the seating and bar areas or open them up to the sky. Retractable fabric screens will also be installed to protect the terraces from bad weather.

The club hopes to use the third floor for corporate events and hospitality for sponsors and partners and seats for the public on match days. A lounge and bar space on the fourth and fifth floors would be open to hospitality guests who have bought tickets.

Fulham FC has worked on plans for the members club with Parisian interior designers Dion et Arles, who also designed the inside of luxury French restaurant Louie in Covent Garden.

b+w geezer

Reckon this latest clarifies the issue with opening the full stand and why it's sounding like the upper half will be delayed. It's about internal fitout rather than structural completion. The seats themselves will be ready on the upper levels, and doubtless the stairs to them but the rest hangs fire for reasons now published. My reading anyway.

bencher

The club don't half faff about with changing plans. At this rate I'd be surprised if it's fully open in time for our next promotion charge in 2023-24  086.gif

Riversider

Can't see this being fully finished internally until August 2023 , just in time for Preston at home 😄

SG

Quote from: Riversider on February 14, 2022, 06:45:23 PM
Can't see this being fully finished internally until August 2023 , just in time for Preston at home 😄

You maybe right but what an asset when it is complete.
Arrive by boat, have lunch, watch the game, stay overnight in the hotel - can't wait. A helluva birthday treat