Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on August 30, 2019, 09:44:11 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 30, 2019, 09:12:25 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on August 14, 2019, 02:12:24 PM
My commute involves the twin delights of negotiating the Twickenham station re-build and the re-vamp of the old Eurostar platforms at Waterloo station.  Both have been, in their own way, interesting to see develop and I expect the Riverside Stand will be too.  Large expanses of time with not much apparently happening followed by occasional spurts would seem to be the norm.

What's happening to the Eurostar platforms at Waterloo? Would be interested to know. I used to commute into Waterloo until about 18 years ago and haven't been there since Eurostar moved to ST Pancras.
The five platforms (20-24) should have been returned to normal use by last May, and there was an intention to turn the former Eurostar Terminal Building into a shopping mall.  Running a reliable train service to schedule may follow at some indefinite time in the future, if you can still afford to use it ...
Yes indeed. Platforms 20-24 have achieved the same [insert adjective or expletive of choice] level of service as 1 - 19.

Fernhurst

Would've expected to see a bit more of the Stand down by now. Maybe, after Saturday when they have a clear fortnight  before the ground is required again and more progress will be seen as per the the master schedule.
Don't worry about the o/t rates, get them in Sunday and crack on.
Come on you Buckingham boys.
👍 👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 12, 2019, 11:10:23 AM
Would've expected to see a bit more of the Stand down by now. Maybe, after Saturday when they have a clear fortnight  before the ground is required again and more progress will be seen as per the the master schedule.
👍 👍

Fernhurst, did you chant that when Vic was manager?  :022:

092.gif

Fernhurst

No Captain, never forgave him for selling Gentleman Jim Langley !!

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 12, 2019, 03:32:08 PM
No Captain, never forgave him for selling Gentleman Jim Langley !!

Or Rodney Marsh!

Peabody

bog

Quote from: Peabody on September 12, 2019, 11:15:25 PM
Or sacking Arthur Stevens

I had forgotten that Peabody. An iconic name for the club from playing to coaching and that pillock sacks him. Mind you Beddy left on a sour note. Why do these things happen?  :031: :031: :031: :031:

092.gif

Fernhurst

I was only young but remember feeling quite pleased when that bloke was appointed due to his Ajax, Barcelona background.
Came in and scythed our club apart.
Glad to see the back of him. 

JimOG

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

I wonder how the snails are doing?

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Fernhurst

I waS wondering? ........ piling, piling, piling I suppose. Well at least the weather should have kept the project on track.

The Rational Fan

👍 👍

There must be a timeline for the project, it maybe available to us. If it is, when will the stand be down?

Mince n Tatties

076.got
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 13, 2019, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on September 12, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Have they struck oil yet ?

Sorry No.
Items found So far and waiting to be claimed.

1 set of Dentures.
Return Train Ticket to Orpington,dated 25th March 1959
Packet of Tosh Chamberlain's Woodbines(Unopened)
Blue Trench Coat(with shopping list in pocket)
1/2lb of cheese
Jar of Blackcurrant Jam
Packet of Rich tea
Packet of Firelighters
1/4 lb of Dolly Mixtures.

1 Gold Watch engraved(To Rupert Sidebottom) champion roadsweeper of Putney 1937.
A false leg with a size 14 hobnail boot intact.
A diary belonging to Albert Munchings(5th of May 1937 highlighted in red ink(The day I murdered my cheating wife).
All of these items can be collected from the groundsman.

049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

MJG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 30, 2019, 03:41:12 AM
👍 👍

There must be a timeline for the project, it maybe available to us. If it is, when will the stand be down?
Main "deconstruction" of the existing stand is now scheduled for October/November
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Quote from: bog on September 13, 2019, 09:12:43 AM
Quote from: Peabody on September 12, 2019, 11:15:25 PM
Or sacking Arthur Stevens

I had forgotten that Peabody. An iconic name for the club from playing to coaching and that pillock sacks him. Mind you Beddy left on a sour note. Why do these things happen?  :031: :031: :031: :031:

092.gif
I think it was letting Mullerry go to Spurs without consutation that resulted in Beddy leaving. What a record Beddy had as player and manager for us, I challenge any one to match it.

Jim©

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2019, 06:17:30 AM

A diary belonging to Albert Munchings(5th of May 1937 highlighted in red ink(The day I murdered my cheating wife).

After we played a (southern?) semi v Wycombe in the Autoglass at home, I remember the programme the following game was asking if anyone had found a prosthetic leg that was lost whilst celebrating the Wycombe win in the away end. I always thought it was a wind up, but there seems to be fossilised evidence to the contrary!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jim© on September 30, 2019, 02:05:00 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2019, 06:17:30 AM

After we played a (southern?) semi v Wycombe in the Autoglass at home, I remember the programme the following game was asking if anyone had found a prosthetic leg that was lost whilst celebrating the Wycombe win in the away end. I always thought it was a wind up, but there seems to be fossilised evidence to the contrary!

lol.😁