Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2021, 01:33:22 PM
Quote from: gang on September 14, 2021, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2021, 10:43:58 AM
Glad to hear they have their priorities right.

Pool half full or half empty Woolly?
Are you part of the experiment to bring back the Woolly Mammoth?

I am actually helping to orchestrate the revival of the Hairy Elephant and have been active and instrumental over the centuries to ensure us Mammothus Primigenious stage a dramatic comeback of Biblical Proportions.
Don't get any ideas, that pool is for fully certificated humans only.

cookieg

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 14, 2021, 09:48:12 AM
Quote from: Riversider on September 13, 2021, 01:52:52 PM
The pool will be ready for use in December !

The video placed a lot of emphasis on getting the pool completed quickly, although getting in fans seems to be the last stage.

I would imagine that getting fans in will be the last stage. There will have to test events etc to make sure it's safe for people to come in.

MartyFFC

As if anyone could give a monkeys about a swimming pool they will never be able to access...... it will be interesting to see how the ST's are priced. I do worry they will mostly be in the 1K+ category. I mean the JH has facilities that wouldn't look out of place in the Evostik South Central division, and so I reckon anyone in the Riverside will be hit hard in the pocket

Riversider

Had a nice walk along the south bank of the river today from Hammersmith Bridge to Putney Bridge and had a few thoughts as I stood to admire the new stand,
Firstly it's stunning and I can't wait to see the Thames path open behind the stand with the pub and cafe open ,they are going to be a real money spinner,
Secondly the contractors are going to be working up to the final hour of the final day to get it finished in time for next season, barely about 9 months to go, plenty still to do externally and they haven't even started the internal fit out yet,
And lastly we MUST get promoted this season otherwise its a great white elephant,  if we don't go up we will need to pay Liverpool £12 million for Wilson which presumably will involve selling players especially with a cut in the parachute payment this will have a knock on effect with how many supporters turn up to watch us,  so then let's say we play the likes of Blackburn or Preston on a Tuesday night in November or January how many would we realistically get , 14k maybe 15k can't see it being many more, imagine that crowd with a capacity of virtually 30k !!! it really doesn't bare thinking about
As I say for many, many reasons we MUST go up ,
COYSW

filham

A seat at the high point in a 25% full Riverside stand on a cold winters night may not be that friendly, The JH stand may have more appeal at times.

Holders

It's cold on that side on a winter's day.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Quote from: Holders on October 10, 2021, 04:18:13 PM
It's cold on that side on a winter's day.
We have yet to experience the high level seats with a strong easterly blowing . About this time of year a warning notice will be needed for delicate ladies, " winter draws on"

MartyFFC

I'll be in the cheap seats in the lower-tier hopefully, assuming they come in at under 800 quid

Riversider

Tickets available in virtually every section for our London derby against our closest rivals this Saturday!, capacity currently 18000 going up to 29000 next season, missing out on promotion must be giving somebody at our club sleepless nights at the moment,
We need to go on a good run starting on Saturday.

Gezza

Quote from: Riversider on October 12, 2021, 03:24:42 PM
Tickets available in virtually every section for our London derby against our closest rivals this Saturday!, capacity currently 18000 going up to 29000 next season, missing out on promotion must be giving somebody at our club sleepless nights at the moment,

Maybe not so surprising as it is a lunchtime kick off and on Sky.

SP

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 12, 2021, 02:10:13 PM
I'll be in the cheap seats in the lower-tier hopefully, assuming they come in at under 800 quid

I really hope they pitch some STs at this level but I can't see anything under £1000. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

MartyFFC

I actually think attendances are down across the board, with clubs now seeming reluctant to release attendance figures and empty seats at most games. Dunno whether it's economic hardship or a fear of COVID

Riversider

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 12, 2021, 07:50:03 PM
I actually think attendances are down across the board, with clubs now seeming reluctant to release attendance figures and empty seats at most games. Dunno whether it's economic hardship or a fear of COVID
The club could help themselves sometimes,  there hasn't been a single Tweet, or article on either the app or the website promoting the game to in anyway try and shift a single ticket, we're not great on the pitch at the moment but off it we're diabolical.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on October 12, 2021, 08:29:58 PM
The club could help themselves sometimes,  there hasn't been a single Tweet, or article on either the app or the website promoting the game to in anyway try and shift a single ticket, we're not great on the pitch at the moment but off it we're diabolical.
Twas ever thus.

70sPimlico

I've been targeted with ads on social media for tickets for the last 2 days

Riversider

Quote from: 70sPimlico on October 12, 2021, 08:46:06 PM
I've been targeted with ads on social media for tickets for the last 2 days
Nothing on Twitter and nothing on the website.

WhiteJC

FulhamStu

Quote from the project manager...something like...'Fulhams plans for the internal fit-out will make it one if not the best grounds in the country'.

I have spoken to people who have confirmed that it is the intention of the club, 'Khan' to make it a spectacular environment and the best football experience anywhere in England.

The on field achievements have been up to now, somewhat below where I am sure the Khans want us to be, the yo-yo comment was a long time ago and referenced when we were towards the bottom of the championship pre Slav but no one can have any doubt about the ambitions they have for Craven Cottage.   This stand is going to be absolutely awesome and I can only imagine how fantastic the fit out is going to be.

filham

Good to have a December update and I think I heard that the shell will be substantially complete by the end of the year and ready for internal contractors to start in January.
I would like to hear a clear statement that the project is on programme for the stand to be available for use at the start of next season.

fcfulham55

We be nice to hear more on those Hammersmith, Putney and  Johnny Haynes stand upgrades!
I saw the preliminary drawings on Twitter, but they got taken down.

Seems like the cottage and the JH stand facade were the only surviving parts being listed. New roof, on each stand with impressive face lifts. Looked like a significant capacity increase.
Sent from my Nokia 3310